"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #711
Chef Extraordinaire
A bowl of chili topped with a FRESH egg (over-easy, yolk runny). If it's good enough for Jaime Oliver, it is good enough for me. The summer I spent in Stockholm, we used to eat Swedish baked brown beans topped with a lightly-fried egg...another one of my favorite breakfasts.

I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #712
Executive Chef
Seeing you asked, I just happened to catch Brunch with Bobby with Bopbby Flay and his wife, Stephanie March from Law & Odor, on The Cooking Channel Saturday and they inspired me. I decided to make his Brioche French Toast with Orange Marmalade Syrup, along with some bacon and breakfast sausages, and La Fraise, only with Asti Spumante instead of rosé champagne, because I have Asti and I don't have any bubbly rosé, for Sunday Brunch yesterday. I am also going to add the Steak au Poivre and Ratatouille Hash, and the Croque Madame with cheese sauce to my Sunday brunch line-up.

Anyone who thinks this man can't cook, or is confined to Southwest cuisine, is nuts! What I liked about these recipes is that you can adjust them to serve anywhere from just the two of you to 50 of your closest friends.

Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffett
Sir_Loin_of_Beef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #713
How do you make Ratatouille Hash?

My kids always have a weekend breakfast of FRESH eggs and Watties baked beans. The beans are tomato sauce based rather than the Boston baked bean feel. Every weekend beans and eggs.

I had baked sweet potato with pesto. Less garlic this time. Double spice Chai tea.
spiceoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #714
Head Chef
I'm too groggy in the morning to make a greasy spoon breakfast of hash browns, eggs, bacon, toast and coffee.

So I have breakfast for dinner of that sometimes.
Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #715
Head Chef
Onion, Green Pepper and Pepper Jack Cheese Omelet.
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #716
Master Chef
Have made this one time and it came out yummy. Stuffed French Toast, Goodweed style.
Egg batter - 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup milk, dash of nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cinammon, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 tbs sugar. Whisk until well combined.

Coating: 1/2 cup AP flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinammon, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 stick butter, melted. Combine and adjust seasoning to taste.

Bread - Hearty, whole wheat bread - four slices

Filling: Fruit Pie filling of choice (I used blueberry pie filling with extra fresh-picked blueberries added).

Heat oven to 350. Dip a slice of bread into the batter until well coated and let it soak for about 20 seconds. Place battered bread onto the crumb mixture, one side only, and set in parchment lined baking pan, crumb side down. Spoon generous amount of pie filling on top of the battered and coated bread slice. Dip second slice into batter and press down on crumb coating. Place on top of the fruit filling, crumb side up. Press edges gently together, taking care not to squeese out filling. Repeat with the other two slices of bread. Place in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Serve with Cantilly Cream (the real stuff). Enjoy. We did.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM   #717
Chef Extraordinaire
That sounds alot better than what I had. Just a couple of homemade doughnuts leftover from the bake sale at church yesterday with a cup of coffee w/cream.
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #718
Executive Chef
Oh my gosh I have been so busy lately. I had a left over waffle from Sunday. I stuck it in the toaster and ran out the door with it in a paper towel. Would have been better with syrup, but it wasn't too bad!
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #719
Chef Extraordinaire
had the last of onion soup with toast in it. sure sorry to see it go. lovely for breakfast, i found.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #720
Chef Extraordinaire
This morning, at my house ;^), I finished off the tacos from last night.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote

baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt