"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #721
Master Chef

What a bunch we are! We all know how to make virtually anything that comes into our little minds, and yet, we are so busy that we eat leftover pizza, or onion soup, or old waffles, just to get something in our bellies before flying off to work. We truly are - Slaves to the Wage. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #722
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I save my days off for playing with food, days I work...I've got someplace to be and 10 hour shifts...too busy getting my Bentos set up for the week. More interested in eating well at work.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:01 AM   #723
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
What a bunch we are! We all know how to make virtually anything that comes into our little minds, and yet, we are so busy that we eat leftover pizza, or onion soup, or old waffles, just to get something in our bellies before flying off to work. We truly are - Slaves to the Wage. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I take exception to your including leftover pizza in your post!

I am not employed, I can cook and I consider leftover pizza for breakfast an item worthy of a Lucullan feast!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #724
Chef Extraordinaire

Goodweed--I work from home--so I don't fly out the door--I do have drag my butt out of bed to get on line on time, but that's only a 5-second trip and I can take a break to eat...then when the sun comes up, I have to take a break to go get eggs and let the girls out (I just have to stop watching them and go back to work!). I just like "non" breakfast foods! I'm not a breakfast person...and I don't think there should be expectations about one eats in the morning...I love peach cream pie or wild blueberry pie for breakfast (when it is in season) and leftover pizza has always been one of my favs!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #725
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I save my days off for playing with food, days I work...I've got someplace to be and 10 hour shifts...too busy getting my Bentos set up for the week. More interested in eating well at work.
Thanks to the McQuinty government and "Time of Use" meters, I do my "big cooking" on the weekend (although, I could cook stuff while working from 2-7 a.m. -but I'm not that organized). I plan my meals, including what I can eat for breakfast, on Thursdays. And, other than heating things up in the microwave or on the stovetop, that's all the cooking I do for 7 days. I MISS cookling. I get to start cooking Friday evenings at 7:00 p.m. and have to be done by 7:00 a.m. Monday. A challenge to be sure. Chirp-chirp-s/one in Poland has IM'd me. sigh, back to work.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #726
Chef Extraordinaire

i am retired, no slave to the wage here. i love onion soup and enjoyed it for breakfast, very much. today i had top ramen. it was tasty also, bit to salty but good. actually it was breakfast and lunch.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #727
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am retired, no slave to the wage here. i love onion soup and enjoyed it for breakfast, very much. today i had top ramen. it was tasty also, bit to salty but good. actually it was breakfast and lunch.
I decided I didn't like the extra saltiness, so I add about 1/4 C more water than it calls for.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #728
Chef Extraordinaire

1 slice of honey wheat bread, toasted with pbj & 3 slices of crisp bacon, blueberry greek yogurt & coffee with a shot of espresso & french vanilla coffeemate.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #729
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceoflife View Post
How do you make Ratatouille Hash?
Steak au Poivre and Ratatouille Hash
Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #730
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Still not feeling 100% so I figured I needed something more solid. Breakfast was a bacon and egg sandwich.

I signed up for the Walmart trip at 10AM. I really need stuff. Hopefully I'll be functional enough.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt