What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good, except for the watery milk. We had a few BLTs (without the lettuce) on hearty toasted white bread.
I was at the other house...the DH only buys 2%. I only drink whole milk...but there isn't a juicer there and there wasn't any whole milk, so I had to make due with what was available. The other choices were frozen oj--I only drink freshly-squeezed oj, instant coffee (blah! I don't drink coffee) or tea (I don't drink hot tea in the summer).

Last edited:
I was on another banana run for work this morning & picked up an apple fritter with orange juice.

This is what is planned: potato hash with some greek-style sausage, steamed kale, and poached eggs, with a chaser of beet-carrot-kale juice. The hash is ready, just have to do the eggs, kale, and juice in the a.m. Decided to skip the barley--a bit much with the potato-sausage hash, I think. Pics to follow if everything turns out.

Breakfast tomorrow will be cooked and served by our Administrative folks...for 200 Safe days with no lost time accidents. I'm going for the bacon...

This is what is planned: potato hash with some greek-style sausage, steamed kale, and poached eggs, with a chaser of beet-carrot-kale juice. The hash is ready, just have to do the eggs, kale, and juice in the a.m. Decided to skip the barley--a bit much with the potato-sausage hash, I think. Pics to follow if everything turns out.
We ended up having both. Thought I posted a pic of the hash and barley...with the question "which one" but I guess I didn't. And, I didn't take a pic of the final-DH was in rush. He had fried eggs with jalapeno peppers, I had poached. He wanted Swiss Chard, so we had that instead of kale and the juice was beet-strawberry-carrot-kale-a wee bit of broc. and a bit of fresh ginger. The hash was really good. As was the rest of it. Oh--I added a bit of kale to each.

Attachments

• breakfast_choices 001.jpg
    breakfast_choices 001.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Another egg BTW - if you want to know if the egg is fresh without breaking the shell put it in cold water, if they are stale they stand up, if very fresh they lay down on the bottom of the container. Many apologies if you already knew this but I was surprised the other day when someone I was talking to didn't.

Another egg BTW - if you want to know if the egg is fresh without breaking the shell put it in cold water, if they are stale they stand up, if very fresh they lay down on the bottom of the container. Many apologies if you already knew this but I was surprised the other day when someone I was talking to didn't.
I love doing the stand the egg up on the counter trick...I don't have a problem re: stale eggs...I have to mark the carton I want to cure for hb eggs...that's what happens when you have laying hens...fresh eggs every morning. I love gathering the eggs when they are still warm and rushing into the house and popping a couple in a CI pan. The white dances across the pan and it takes about 90 seconds to cook a runny fried egg...short of chasing a hen around the yard with a frying pan ready to catch the egg, I don't think an egg gets any fresher than that!;)

Last edited:
A breakfast sandwich made with 2 slices of homemade honey wheat bread, grilled, with natural swiss & cheddar cheese, 2 eggs over hard with some warm ham & bacon. A 1/2 bag of baked cheetoes & an iced vanilla/ caramel latte.

I love doing the stand the egg up on the counter trick...I don't have a problem re: stale eggs...I have to mark the carton I want to cure for hb eggs...that's what happens when you have laying hens...fresh eggs every morning. I love gathering the eggs when they are still warm and rushing into the house and popping a couple in a CI pan. The white dances across the pan and it takes about 90 seconds to cook a runny fried egg...short of chasing a hen around the yard with a frying pan ready to catch the egg, I don't think an egg gets any fresher than that!;)
We've had luck improving the peelability of hard boiled fresh duck eggs by storing hard boiled unpeeled eggs in a refrigerated tightly sealed jar for 3 or 4 days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom