What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning, I really love the combo Kylie and it's one of my fall back meals as I seem always to have them in the fridge.:) Breakfast, lunch or supper, lovely. There's an on-line Spanish shop in the U.K. that sells catering tins of black empeltres and it works out just so much more economical to buy in bulk. Found out they freeze well so I have a morning (or two :LOL:) portioning them up in normal size portions when I open a new tin. Large tin comes in handy too :mrgreen:

i think i'll surprise the family by bringing home breakfast this morning.

blueberry pancakes, home fries, and taylor ham for dw and my boy.

taylor ham, eggs, and cheese on a plain bagel for me.

Photos: Special Sunday Breakfasts

Margaux Cintrano:

1) Eggs Benedict - at Puglia Condo
2) French Toast - in Madrid Capital Loft

Attachments

• eggs bendict.jpg
    eggs bendict.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 140
  • french toast & berries.jpg
    french toast & berries.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 166
Today was leftover wild rice (since I thawed it yesterday to add to the egg rolls), steamed kale, 2 poached eggs, a glass of coconut milk.

Up way before Sunrise to arrive at the Port Docks

Tuesday

Had sandwiches on pastry ... to hold us over until 14.30 hours ( 2.30pm main meal lunch ) ...

See chicken salad sandwiches photo:

Attachments

• sandwich on pastry.jpg
    sandwich on pastry.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Poached eggs on toast.

This is something that my grandmother would always make us if we stayed with her on the weekend, well this and Sizzlean!

Mine was a slight upgrade, I used homemade oatmeal bread and farm fresh eggs. One of my favorite comfort food breakfasts.

Deviated! I had a slice of Swiss Chard with 4 cheeses tart.

Recipe Details

I played with my pie maker on Sunday--was too tired to fiddle with it. So I made 8 tarts, froze those, rolled the rest of the pastry dough to fit a 9" pie pan, dumped the rest of the filling in and made that. I shared this in the what are you baking today thread a week ago Sunday (making the tart). This time I used ww flour and chickpea flour, tossed in some leftover chickpeas re: the filling. When baked in the oven, the crust was flaky and light. In the pie maker, it was mushy. I prefer making this tart in the oven.

I had 1 poached egg, 3 small maple sauge, 1 sourdough toast with sugar free blackberry jam. Tomorrow it's diaylsis so it will be just toast and coffee.
kades

slices of bread, fresh butter on the top and baked
then slices of kefalograviera and slices of fresh fig.

:yum:

and a cup of very strong filter coffee...no sugar...no milk

Kefalograviera (Greek: Κεφαλογραβιέρα) is a hard table cheese produced traditionally from sheep milk or mixture of sheep and goat milk.

I felt inspired late last night as I was thinking about today's breakfast. Now, I'm a bit restricted since my right hand is in a cast but I've discovered many somewhat creative ways to approach daily tasks.

Our weekday breakfasts have become a bit boring so, as I was brainstorming last night with myself, I decided I would make doughnuts for breakfast today.

The plan worked perfectly. I set up the deep fryer and all the tools before going to bed. Then, this morning, I opened a can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits, cut holes in the center with my apple corer, dropped the dough wheels into the already-hot oil and fried away. I drained them and rolled them in cinnamon-sugar while still warm.

By the time Glenn was done with his shower, I had fresh, warm doughnuts on the table.

Back
Top Bottom