What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning's breakfast: poached egg on a bed of spinach with pico de gallo.

img_1172713_0_28a48c6af8b38cc5ab0ead6d930ce335.jpg

That looks fabulous Steve :chef:

Steve....that looks so good, what a great pic. :chef: Katie, I'm amazed at the will you have to keep on keepin' on, despite your cast. :wub: Great job.

I had some leftover whole grain rice, mixed with some scrambled eggs and red bell pepper this morning, and about half a mango.

Steve....that looks so good, what a great pic. :chef: Katie, I'm amazed at the will you have to keep on keepin' on, despite your cast. :wub: Great job.

I had some leftover whole grain rice, mixed with some scrambled eggs and red bell pepper this morning, and about half a mango.
Sounds great, Cheryl. I love having grains + greens + eggs for breakfast. The red pepper and mango gave you a good dose of Vit C to start the day!

Homemade ww toast topped with homemade mayo, slices of tomatoes (carolina orange and brandyvine), chopped basil, chopped hot banana pepper...yup! The first tomatoes were ready so we had to have tomato open-faced toast sandwiches for breakfast. No eggs (except in the mayo). Finally! Tomatoes!!!

Does breakfast for supper count? Because if it does, I had two poached eggs on butterred toast and some thin slices heated up of leftover smoked shoulder.

I am so proud of myself. It is the first FULL meal I have had since this eating problem raised its ugly head. I cleaned my plate. Oh yes, a glass of milk. :angel:

Yea! I believe that would count. Sounds really good, but where was your veggie?

I am lucky I got that down. I have been eating just once a day and usually just one item. Some meat, or a veggie, or a carb. And certainly not a full serving. But never a full plate like that. My stomach still feels so full. I am actually uncomfortable. :ermm:

When I got back from the lab this morning I made pancakes with butter and maple syrup. THEN I went to my cardio appointment. Shrek enjoyed them, too!

When I got back from the lab this morning I made pancakes with butter and maple syrup. THEN I went to my cardio appointment. Shrek enjoyed them, too!

I stay away from pancakes. I love the maple syrup. I do try to be good. And now that I am not on any insulin pill, I have to really watch my diet. :ohmy:

I stay away from pancakes. I love the maple syrup. I do try to be good. And now that I am not on any insulin pill, I have to really watch my diet. :ohmy:

It's our once in a green moon treat for us...and I saw a green moon...oh wait, I bet that was Shrek! Oh well, I needed some pancakes.

Being that it is Sunday, I'm having the "Chickenkeeper Special."

Homemade breakfast sausage hash (1 grated carrot, 1 grated small beet, 1/2 pattypan squash--sliced, some chopped kale, topped with 1 diced tomato, 1/2 cubenalla (sp) pepper, 1 sm sliced onion). A side of steamed swiss chard and a side of barley with mushroom and tomato powder added during the cooking process. The was topped with 1 poached egg (only one because of the protein in the sausage). The barley was garnished with some grated carrot. Here's a pic of the hash waiting for the other stuff to be ready and what it looked like plated (after I took a bite):

Attachments

• ChicKeeper_hash 009.jpg
    ChicKeeper_hash 009.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 124
  • CK_special_plated 001.jpg
    CK_special_plated 001.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom