What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My houseguest left without finishing the brie I had bought for her :( so tomorrow morning I plan to have some Wasa crispbread with brie and hot mango chutney with a nice hot cuppa. Note to self: :sleep: must set alarm so as to not sleep through breakfast time. (Fat chance with two cats in the house.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Scrambled eggs with chives and watermelon on the side. :)

Tinlizzie....haha...those furry guys ARE alarm clocks, aren't they. :LOL:

Last edited:
Made fresh juice...carrot, broccoli, apple, celery, cilantro, ginger and garlic. Gonna take me two days to blink.

Breakfast is usually a grapefruit and/or some brebis (sheep) yoghurt. Sunday however, is poached eggs and fresh tomato on toast, with a second piece of toast with marmalade, and some strong coffee.

No offense intended, but I've heard that Vegemite has a, shall we say, very different taste. Like awful. I have never had any myself. Can you describe it in terms of a similar flavor?

It is an acquired taste Lizzie...I acquired it at a young age :yum:

It is sort of salty...it really does have a lovely taste :)

It is an acquired taste Lizzie...I acquired it at a young age :yum:

It is sort of salty...it really does have a lovely taste :)

Then, too, you "come from a land down under," don't you? I'm out of luck if you're not familiar with that moldie oldie song. Great -- and I did it to myself -- I'm humming it now.

Since I likes me sardines, maybe I'd like Vegemite, too. And thanks for the smilies - wouldn't want to hurt any feelings. ;)

We went back to Food For Thought this morning and had breakfast. I had the sausage gravy and fried grit cakes and SO had two eggs, bacon, & crumpet. We both had the house potatoes. I of course ate all four of the beignets. :pig:

Attachments

• SgGrvyGrtCks.jpg
    SgGrvyGrtCks.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 139
  • TwoEggBreak.jpg
    TwoEggBreak.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 138
Then, too, you "come from a land down under," don't you? I'm out of luck if you're not familiar with that moldie oldie song. Great -- and I did it to myself -- I'm humming it now.

Since I likes me sardines, maybe I'd like Vegemite, too. And thanks for the smilies - wouldn't want to hurt any feelings. ;)

Yes Lizzie...you would more than likely like the taste of vegemite then ;)

Are you able to get any where you are?

Yes Lizzie...you would more than likely like the taste of vegemite then ;)

Are you able to get any where you are?

I've not seen it in a store anywhere, but I'll bet it's available online somewhere. I'll put it on my list, right behind a new jar of duck fat. :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom