What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad this morning...cup of coffee and a 3 Musketeers Bar, so far. I'm going for a bike ride then back for some shredded wheat and a banana.

Umm...didn't you recently have an accident on your bike? I guess it is like getting bucked off a horse--back in the saddle. Ummm...musketeer bars...I'm thinking muskateer bar s'mores...back to work I go.

Umm...didn't you recently have an accident on your bike? I guess it is like getting bucked off a horse--back in the saddle. Ummm...musketeer bars...I'm thinking muskateer bar s'mores...back to work I go.

Yes, my elbow is in an immobilizer and set at a useful angle. Good thing I am left handed and it's my left elbow. I can reach the handlebars without too much trouble. I didn't let a heart attack stop me...:angel:

Just coffee so far this morning. Freshly ground costa rican though. Ahhhh. Once my brain cells start firing simultaneously I'll figure out what food to eat.

Do you pre-cook the bacon or buy it that way? How does it turn out in the microwave? Is the bacon crispy or soft?

If I can get a good price on pre-cooked bacon I will buy it (anything more than 10¢ a slice is too much), but I've also been known to buy two or three pounds of bacon, lay it out on racks on cookie sheets, bake it in the oven, then once it's cooled, separate it on squares of waxed paper, put it in a zippered freezer bag, and freeze it. Any time I want bacon for breakfast, a BLT or a bacon cheeseburger, I just pull out the required slices and nuke them for about 45 seconds to a minute. They come out of the microwave the same way they went into the freezer bag; either crispy or soggy, however you cooked them originally.

Most mornings I have cold cereal with fresh berries, toast and Ovaltine, but on gloomy wet days like today I will make bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast, or a bagel with cream cheese and lox, or maybe a breakfast sandwich of either bacon or sausage, egg and cheese on an Oroweat sandwich thins. I even bought a frying pan that is the perfect size for just one egg. I also have one that's the perfect size for two eggs to fit on a small tortilla.

Sundays I will always make brunch, which includes a fruit, berry, or green salad, a special breakfast item such as my own recipe Huevos Rancheros Suprema (which includes chorizo and ranchera beans) with Mexican rice, or a Monte Cristo with powdered sugar and strawberry preserves, or a real Italian style fritatta with diced potatoes, Italian sausage, different colour bell peppers, maybe some pepperoncini, and some type of Italian cheese. Of course, champagne cocktails such as mimosas or bellinis are always included. Cost Plus World Market sells a variety of champagne, Cava, Prosecco, Asti, etc. in single serving bottles for around $3.50 a bottle that are perfect for the task, or you can buy a four pack of single serving bottles of Cooks champange in the supermarket for around 8 bucks.

Last edited:
Just a Whey Smoothie with banana and strawberries (and cocoa), after a nice long walk with the dogs. I am trying to drop the winter pounds! :wacko:

Im guess I already have lost pounds. For everyone keeps telling me how small I am. Bit been walking with kids at least twice a week. I cook with splenda and drink more juice and vitamin water than soda. :)

Stubbs, I stayed more trim when I had the kids home to chase too. I don't get the grandkids often enough to keep the weight off! And...for some reason turning 50 packed on the pounds for me...go figure! :LOL:

I have some cheered biscuits left frm dinner. In morning think im going to make fried eggs & Bacon to make breakfast sandwhich

An orange, a package of nature valley granola bars & a raspberry greek yogurt=360 calories.

My new favorite breakfast

Baked oatmeal w/raisins, nuts or coconut, brown sugar,butter,milk. Will never fix oatmeal any other way again! Love the texture of the baked stuff and it takes 20 min in the toaster oven and makes 4 servings.

Back
Top Bottom