What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually cook something with eggs, or my version of an egg McMuffin on Oroweat sandwich thins, or I make pancakes or waffles, and I always have breakfast sausages and a pound or two of bacon in the freezer, pre-cooked and just waiting to be microwaved, but I have a three pound container of local strawberries in the crisper that I got on sale, and I want to eat them up before things start growing on them, so I have reverted to grape-nus flakes with strawberries and toast for the forseeable future.

Do you pre-cook the bacon or buy it that way? How does it turn out in the microwave? Is the bacon crispy or soft?

I have been making my own Greek yogurt. I am avoiding carbs, so I sweeten it with some sugar sub, and add a teaspoon of vanilla. If I can find good strawberries, I slice some into the yogurt. Keeps me full til lunch, and doesn't raise my blood sugar too much. (And it is delicious!)

1 egg fried over med, country potatoes with Tabasco, 2 strips of crisp bacon and 2 pieces of wheat toast
kadesma

Honey quinoa cereal with soya milk.
Very tasty! The soya milk is lovely and sweet with the cereal.
Tomorrow I will be attempting porridge for the first; yes, FIRST, time!

DH is on vacation this week so we slept in this morning and I made a nice brunch today. We had a breakfast scramble (eggs, 5 kinds of cheese, ham, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, chives and parsley), hash browns and a fruit bowl (watermelon, strawberries, pineapple and oranges) with honey wheat toast.

Attachments

• breakfast06012011.jpg
    breakfast06012011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 348
dh is on vacation this week so we slept in this morning and i made a nice brunch today. We had a breakfast scramble (eggs, 5 kinds of cheese, ham, green and red bell peppers, mushrooms, chives and parsley), hash browns and a fruit bowl (watermelon, strawberries, pineapple and oranges) with honey wheat toast.
oh mama!! Wow

Every morning for breakfast I have been having an atkins advantage bar. It's a peanut butter, protein bar. It has 19 grams of protein. I eat it with a piece of fresh fruit & a cup of coffee. It keeps me full until lunchtime.

A protein smoothie after a walk with the dogs. I am trying to drop a few pounds.

I'm currently working with a client in Poland. To accommodate the time difference, I start at 4:00 a.m. EDT. I have fruit and yogurt when I get up. However, by 8-9 a.m. EDT, I'm in need of a protein fix. Today, I had pepper steak with sauteed mushrooms, pepper, aspargus, green onions, garlic, tomato, and moz. cheese. I'm almost ready for supper now! Hmmm...more protein? Grilled chicken breast...

A three cheese and caramelized onion quiche baked in a 6" ceramic baking dish.

Was in Berlin recently so have had nothing but salami and cheese for breakfast for ages!! So this morning had porridge with chopped bananas thrown in, cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. Tasty! With a cup of tea ... obviously ;)

Grilled chicken salad on a bed of baby swiss chard on a whole wheat kaiser roll (sea salt instead of sesame seeds or poppy seeds). Yummy. Tomorrow I'm doing egg salad with chives and capers on the same. (I don't know where you can buy the rolls--I made mine).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom