What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baked oatmeal w/raisins, nuts or coconut, brown sugar,butter,milk. Will never fix oatmeal any other way again! Love the texture of the baked stuff and it takes 20 min in the toaster oven and makes 4 servings.

That sounds fabulous. How do you make it? Do you make it ahead of time then reheat it in the toaster oven? Do you use quick oats?

granniero said:
Baked oatmeal w/raisins, nuts or coconut, brown sugar,butter,milk. Will never fix oatmeal any other way again! Love the texture of the baked stuff and it takes 20 min in the toaster oven and makes 4 servings.

Yes, please! Recipe! My crockpot oatmeal was a disaster!

I have a glass of skim milk. Not a big breakfast eater.

Recipe: Baked oatmeal

2 c rolled oats(have used quick and old fashion, no difference to me); 1 and 1/2c milk; 1 beaten egg; 1/2c sugar(white,brown,Splenda,your choice) 1 t baking powder, 1/2t salt, 1/3c raisins, 2T chopped nuts(feel free to add more or not); 2T melted butter. Spray a 9x9" or 8x8" pan w/Pam. I mix in baking dish but you can mix in bowl and pour in dish. Bake at 375 for 20 min. Serve w/more milk. Consistency is like a cake. Store in fridge and next time break it up w/spoon in bowl, add milk and warm on high in microwave for 2 min. I have added coconut and sub. dried mixed fruit for raisins. Some places on the net this is called Amish Oatmeal. Enjoy!

At home and easy, eggs scrambled in butter with chives and cheddar cheese, wheat toast and freezer jam bacon cooked on a rack in the oven,
kadeesma:LOL:

Lately breakfasts have had to be really simple. Basic cereal with milk, oatmeal or some pancakes. I'm getting inspired by some of these amazing breakfasts and definitely need to make some time to create one soon!

You are home, Kades???? When did you get home? Yea!
Came home last Saturday and have been laying low. Have another week of round the clock meds then I'm free.Bless my Doc he cut me free when the hospital doctors wanted to keep me two more days. bless him
kades

Came home last Saturday and have been laying low. Have another week of round the clock meds then I'm free.Bless my Doc he cut me free when the hospital doctors wanted to keep me two more days. bless him
kades

I'm just happy you are doing well.

Fried egg and cheese on a flat bagel and orange juice. I just love breakfast.

2 c rolled oats(have used quick and old fashion, no difference to me); 1 and 1/2c milk; 1 beaten egg; 1/2c sugar(white,brown,Splenda,your choice) 1 t baking powder, 1/2t salt, 1/3c raisins, 2T chopped nuts(feel free to add more or not); 2T melted butter. Spray a 9x9" or 8x8" pan w/Pam. I mix in baking dish but you can mix in bowl and pour in dish. Bake at 375 for 20 min. Serve w/more milk. Consistency is like a cake. Store in fridge and next time break it up w/spoon in bowl, add milk and warm on high in microwave for 2 min. I have added coconut and sub. dried mixed fruit for raisins. Some places on the net this is called Amish Oatmeal. Enjoy!

Sounds great. Thank you very much. I will definitely make this tomorrow morning.:flowers:

We had chick-fil-a for dinner last night and one of the grocery stores here has coupons on the back of their receipts for free sandwiches when you buy a value meal so every time we go, we get free sandwiches :w00t: I tossed the buns this morning and used them for breakfast along with sliced tomatoes and green peppers right from the garden!

Attachments

• breakfast06122011.jpg
    breakfast06122011.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 226
Back
Top Bottom