What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A typical morning breakfast for me is 2 scrambled eggs with velveeta cheese on top and a sausage patty on the side. To drink I usually have one of crystal lights green tea with peach mango water flavor.

MMMMM...breakfast is my favourite time for FOOD!!

Im addicted to poached eggs on grannary toast...runny eggs too, awh its bliss!!

BUT if im hungover and there happens to be left over pizza from my drunken feast nite before then i will microwave that and eat it...always satisfying with ketchup...

Fish :)

sounds like a breakfast i could really go for--next rainy day. butter beans are lima beans, right?

Butterbeans are large limas, however, I like the canned version, it just isn't cooked enough for me, plus I really like the broth, so I usually add water (1/2 cup), lots of butter, garlic and minced onion and cook until the onion is done; then, I remove some of the beans, mash them and add them back to the beans.

This time, however, I had heated up a generic cream of chicken soup and it was really blah so I did my butterbean thing using the soup. It was tasty. I'll definitely do it that way again.

Butterbeans are large limas, however, I like the canned version, it just isn't cooked enough for me, plus I really like the broth, so I usually add water (1/2 cup), lots of butter, garlic and minced onion and cook until the onion is done; then, I remove some of the beans, mash them and add them back to the beans.

This time, however, I had heated up a generic cream of chicken soup and it was really blah so I did my butterbean thing using the soup. It was tasty. I'll definitely do it that way again.

thank you, zee. i have your recipe written down, ready for action. to satisfy my immediate bean craving here's what i came up with this morning: steamed a pound of edamame in-the-pod, sprinkled them with flaked sea salt, poured 1/2 pound of the edamame into a bowl, and sat down with the bowl for one of my favorite peel and eat sessions. i added a loaf of bakery seminola bread, sliced thin, to be eaten plain, in between popping beans. this makes for a fun and satisfying meal--that is, after going back for the other 1/2 lb. of edamame pods....:)

Breakfast today is three cheese foccacia toast and french vanilla cappaccino.

Cayenne lemon tea sounds really good. Do you make it from scratch or is there a pre-made one out there?

Easy, just put 1/4 of a tsp of cayenne powder in a cup with a dash of lemon. Add boiling water and allow to stand for 5 mins. Sip slowly. It helps for colds and various other things. Very good for you :) I add a tsp of dried parsley too, just for flavour and the added health benefits. You can make it spicier if you're used to chili, I use half a tsp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom