What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A gluten free lemon muffin. They are so delicious - even better than regular wheat ones! I had it with a glass of organic lemonade from the farmers market and a clementine. A very citrusy healthy breakfast!

Breakfast burrito made with egg, chorizo, ranch beans, Mexican rice and shredded cheddar jack cheese, and a whole wheat tortilla. It was held closed with a toothpick, but I didn't eat that because the whole wheat tortilla and the beans contained more than enough fiber.

Last edited:
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
Breakfast burrito made with egg, chorizo, ranch beans, Mexican rice and shredded cheddar jack cheese, and a whole wheat tortilla. It was held closed with a toothpick, but I didn't eat that because the whole wheat tortilla and the beans contained more than enough fiber.

Memo to self: don't eat the toothpick.

Oh man a couple weekends ago I made baked orange-pecan french toast and it was AWESOME. I kinda felt like it wasn't right to pass it off as breakfast because it was more like bread pudding and I wanted to put a scoop of ice cream on it. It was a new recipe and definitely a keeper!

This morning I had some greek yogurt with honey and a Larabar.

This morning's breakfast featured farina, sweetened with Splenda and a tsp. of wild honey, with added cinnamon and sliced strawberries added, all cooked in milk, stirring to make it silky smooth. Yum.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

This morning's breakfast featured farina, sweetened with Splenda and a tsp. of wild honey, with added cinnamon and sliced strawberries added, all cooked in milk, stirring to make it silky smooth. Yum.

farina, my hands-down favorite cereal of all time, has been quietly disregarded for far too long, imo. cooked with milk, smooth and creamy, i like it topped with nutty, semi-salty tasting browned butter. sometimes i make a sweetened version by spooning brown sugar or preserves into deeps pockets of the hot creamy farina. from cradle to grave, i can't imagine a tastier or more satisfying breakfast bowl....:)

Oh man a couple weekends ago I made baked orange-pecan french toast and it was AWESOME. I kinda felt like it wasn't right to pass it off as breakfast because it was more like bread pudding and I wanted to put a scoop of ice cream on it. It was a new recipe and definitely a keeper!

This morning I had some greek yogurt with honey and a Larabar.

I first read Larabar as Labrador, thought it was nice you were sharing breakfast with your dog.:LOL:

Cheerios this morning with my regular coffee and OJ.

and rye makes for bigger sandwiches too!:pig:

Speaking of Rye Bread. I was thinking last night as I was eating a Hot Dog with Sauerkraut and Mustard, that it would be great on a Seeded Rye Hot Dog Bun. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom