What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 slices of homemade honey wheat bread, toasted, with strawberry jam & butter with a cup of coffee.

Fresh fruit, Torrijas, which are similar to French Toast, however, made with:

semi sweet red wine
egg
Italian raisin bread
olive oil sautéed
sugar glazed bread

and fresh squeezed OJ ... Espresso and / or Cappuchino home made ... in Puglia ...

Happy Holidays.
Margi.

I made gluten free pancakes (they are actually really good!) with toppings of fresh strawberries, nutella, and maple syrup - so of course DH goes digging in the fridge for jam and peanut butter :LOL:. We had blackberry juice (yum) and Chai tea (another yum!) to drink!

Last edited:
A few days ago someone posted a link to a recipe for shirred eggs.

I tried the recipe and decided that I didn't think the lemon rind enhanced it.

We had them again today with old cheddar and no lemon rind. Wow, that is a great way to do eggs. They are tasty and oh so easy.

I made Angel Hair Pasta with a parsley/garlic/butter/onion sauce for dinner last night.

This morning I put the leftover pasta in a skillet and warmed it up. Then I broke eggs on top of the pasta, and sprinkled them with Parm cheese and fresh ground pepper. I covered the skillet with a lid and waited for the eggs to steam in the juices to a perfect cooked but runny yolk.
Yummm. I'll be doing that again with leftover pasta! :chef:

DH made me an awesome protein shake with banana, strawberry and soy, and a soy chai tea. It was awesome. I am back on creamy foods only and no dairy (the phlegm/throat problem again) so this was perfect.:)

Dawgluver said:
Mmm, Frog jam. Do you make it or buy it, FA?

We have plenty of frogs around, was glad to know they weren't part of the recipe.

I actually had breakfast at my best friend's house and I don't know where they procured that combination jam but it was really good.

This morning was French toast on that Amazing homemade bread again with peach butter. Yesterday was scrambled eggs with toast and morningstar farms veggie sausage patties.
We've been having either oatmeal or Special K cereal every morning.

PrincessFiona60;1127 122 said:
I tried Almond Milk in my Cheerios this morning. Not bad!
I put it on some granola the other day. I thought it was quite tasty. I also made some Chai tea with Almond milk. That was also very nice.

Kayelle said:
I made Angel Hair Pasta with a parsley/garlic/butter/onion sauce for dinner last night.

This morning I put the leftover pasta in a skillet and warmed it up. Then I broke eggs on top of the pasta, and sprinkled them with Parm cheese and fresh ground pepper. I covered the skillet with a lid and waited for the eggs to steam in the juices to a perfect cooked but runny yolk.
Yummm. I'll be doing that again with leftover pasta! :chef:

This sounds wonderful, Kayelle! Thanks!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I tried Almond Milk in my Cheerios this morning. Not bad!

I LOVE the stuff. I used to buy it all the time... before I got so short of work.

We were at mom's this morning for breakfast. So we had her delicious homemade, buttermilk doughnuts, coffee & some banana bread & lemon poppy seed bread.. Why is it, everything always tastes better at mom's?

Back
Top Bottom