What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently I was born with Aortic Stenosis that got worse over the years. And the fact that I was in the hospital it was discovered. I feel like the heart attack possibly saved my life. My PA was only treating the symptoms.

My circumflex was 99% occluded when I had mine, my LAD is currently at 40%. Don't let healthcare workers tell you they are smart...I'd been having a heart attack for at least 16 hours before it finally dawned on me...and I was out driving.:wacko: Luckily, the big one didn't happen until I was in the ER. Oh dopey me!

My circumflex was 99% occluded when I had mine, my LAD is currently at 40%. Don't let healthcare workers tell you they are smart...I'd been having a heart attack for at least 16 hours before it finally dawned on me...and I was out driving.:wacko: Luckily, the big one didn't happen until I was in the ER. Oh dopey me!

Greek to me.

I only went to the hospital because my heart was beating fast and feeling like it was wobbling and would not slow down. I drank 4 beers, puked them back up......I waited 8 hours.

Greek to me.

I only went to the hospital because my heart was beating fast and feeling like it was wobbling and would not slow down. I drank 4 beers, puked them back up......I waited 8 hours.

The main artery to the back of the heart was 99% plugged, the main artery to the front of the heart is 40% plugged. Plugged with plaque, too many ribeye steaks and butter.:(

Patty, you & Princess are scaring me. Especially you Princess. I never take my body pains very serious if at work because I am there for the residents. If I have a questionable pain that I am unsure of I go to the bathroom and wash my face and take some slow deep breaths and talk myself out of it. I have the occasional but rare panic attack. I do wonder after each episode when the day might come that anxiety is not the case, & will I know the difference?

Today for breakfast I had a new to me cheese a friend picked out for me at Trader Joe's. Stilton with Apricots on gorgonzola crackers, and some cocoa pebbles because I've been craving them like a pregnant woman.

Apparently I was born with Aortic Stenosis that got worse over the years. And the fact that I was in the hospital it was discovered. I feel like the heart attack possibly saved my life. My PA was only treating the symptoms.

My son who is a PA draws his treatment of female heart patients in the ER from me. He has even taught some of the young residents the difference between male and female heart attack patients. I had three heart attacks last year. In turn I have given information to new paramedics the same information that my son learned from me. Male and female patients have different symptoms. My first symptoms start at the back of either arm. Now when I feel even the slightest twinge in that area, I reach for the liquid nitro. Then I sit still and take some very deep breaths. Very rarely do I have to go for a second hit with the spray. If I do, then I take an uncoated aspirin with the spray. That does the trick. It might be just angina, but I don't want another heart attack. And if I can avoid it, then I do. My son is my medical proxy So when I go to the ER, they have to call him immediately. He has the sense to ask what my symptoms were that brought me there in the first place. That's how he learned the difference between male and female heart patients. Something he didn't learn in med school.

BTW, ask your doctor for a prescription of the liquid nitro. It acts faster than the pils. I will never use the pills again. I get relief from the pain in just a couple of seconds. With the pills, not until the pill has disolved. Even the paramedics in the ambulance use it now all the time. Just one quick spray under the tongue does the trick.

I have never considered myself a person that gets stressful. But this past year things are beginning to get to me. Mainly family members. So I put my acting skills to work. When they start trying to lay the guilt trip on me, or give me a sob story, I just reach for my spray and they shut up. :cool:

Patty, you & Princess are scaring me. Especially you Princess. I never take my body pains very serious if at work because I am there for the residents. If I have a questionable pain that I am unsure of I go to the bathroom and wash my face and take some slow deep breaths and talk myself out of it. I have the occasional but rare panic attack. I do wonder after each episode when the day might come that anxiety is not the case, & will I know the difference?

Today for breakfast I had a new to me cheese a friend picked out for me at Trader Joe's. Stilton with Apricots on gorgonzola crackers, and some cocoa pebbles because I've been craving them like a pregnant woman.

Trust me, it doesn't go away with a few deep breaths. Patty had symptoms that I didn't. That said, I did have a panic attack that put me in the hospital with another heart cath...it was different from my heart attack, but very convincing. Now I'm a cardiac patient AND a hypochondriac!:LOL:

I changed up my breakfast this morning, had a high protein chocolate Boost instead of my oatmeal.

Trust me, it doesn't go away with a few deep breaths. Patty had symptoms that I didn't. That said, I did have a panic attack that put me in the hospital with another heart cath...it was different from my heart attack, but very convincing. Now I'm a cardiac patient AND a hypochondriac!:LOL:

I changed up my breakfast this morning, had a high protein chocolate Boost instead of my oatmeal.

Today I had a Banana, Blueberry Muffin and Shredded Wheat in Washington Hospital Center(again).
When I went to go to bed early Friday morning my heart started pounding and feeling like it was flip flopping. That has happen before but only for a few beats and then when I had my heart attack. I did not have any other symptoms. I called my SIL paramedic and she checked me out and told me I need to go to the hospital. They tried 3 or 4 different meds. to get it to slow down with no results. I had to be shocked. Then they transfered me to WHC for Electrophysiology Study. They could not replicate the origional problem(over200 beats per minute), but they did Cartheter Ablation on some cells or pathway, which one I am not sure. Changed my meds. Back on Diltiazem. NO more GRAPE FRUIT. :mad:

Today I had a Banana, Blueberry Muffin and Shredded Wheat in Washington Hospital Center(again).
When I went to go to bed early Friday morning my heart started pounding and feeling like it was flip flopping. That has happen before but only for a few beats and then when I had my heart attack. I did not have any other symptoms. I called my SIL paramedic and she checked me out and told me I need to go to the hospital. They tried 3 or 4 different meds. to get it to slow down with no results. I had to be shocked. Then they transfered me to WHC for Electrophysiology Study. They could not replicate the origional problem(over200 beats per minute), but they did Cartheter Ablation on some cells or pathway, which one I am not sure. Changed my meds. Back on Diltiazem. NO more GRAPE FRUIT. :mad:

So sorry, Patty! But this time you called for help sooner, thank goodness. Hey, you got a little vacation with some grapefruit!

Take it easy.

PattY1 said:

Oh no, Patty! Glad you got there on time and are OK, are you home now?

Patty No more grapefruit isn't so bad. At least you're here and able to be you. That's what's important. Chin up and be happy you caught it NOW and not later. Hugs to you feel better.
kades

Back
Top Bottom