What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had my protein for the day:

Homemade hot chicken sausage (2 oz) chickpea (about 1/4 c)-grated beet--(1 small) potato (1 small yellow)-jalapeno (1/2 med) hash topped by a poached egg garnished with a bit of grated beet, a serving of Swiss Chard and a side of red and white (1/2+1/2) Quinoa.
Everything except for the chick peas and quinoa came from the garden (or backyard--since the hens aren't actually part of the garden). And yes, Cheryl J, it was GREAT and kept me going all day.

I had a bacon, tomato & swiss sandwich on homemade honey wheat bread with a few carrot sticks, chips & ranch dressing.

Trying to get my blood glucose up so breakfast was a hash brown patty,sausages, toast with blackberry jam coffee, OJ, a small peach.
kades

For a very late breakfast, actually more of a lunch, I had a yogurt "sundae." I layered nonfat plain yogurt, fresh strawberries, bananas, and a touch of maple syrup in a parfait glass. Delicious!

I got up at 6 am & went & got donuts from the bakery. Came home went back to bed until 10 am then had donuts & coffee.

Shrek hustled me out for hunting and gathering before i could eat breakfast. So I bought "lunch" for us at Costco...two hot dogs and sodas for $3 !!!!! We are eating there more often. For our dinner we had cheese danish and coffee.

We are looking forward to getting our first costco here in SE S.D. They are very similiar to sams club aren't they?

Made from scratch apple cinnamon buckwheat cakes with unsalted butter and honey, Colombian coffee.

oatibix whole oat flakes with sliced banana & kara 2% fat coconut dairy alternative to milk.squeezed pink grapefruit juice(tropicana).percol "rocketfuel" coffee with guarana & kara.

Now that I have all the parts for one of the three juicers I own, I had 2 poached eggs with a glass of juice extracted from 8 beets, 5 carrots, 2 servings of Swiss Chard, a bit of kale, 1 apple, a bit of fresh ginger root, 1/2 of a lime. I love beet juice--I don't add sweetener. I think I've satisfied almost all my daily veggie and fruit requirements in that one glass.

BTW, did you know, the fresher the egg, the tighter the white clings to the yolk when making poached eggs? So if you do the swirl method (where you are stirring as you add the egg to the water and the egg white takes off on you), the egg is old. Old eggs peel easier, however, if you are doing hb eggs.

Back
Top Bottom