What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jam on toast with my smiley boy

Attachments

• image-795225051.jpg
    image-795225051.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 176
Thanks re: keeping the girls. I just couldn't let them go....they make my mornings (not to mention my breakfasts). Who knew having chickens could be so much fun (and so hard to let go! I must say--I had 20 responses from people wanting them--but...well, they are MY girls...as much as Millie drives me crazy--she's taken to roosting on the other side of the fence...I keep telling her that is a bad idea....). I'm waiting for snow--they don't like snow and maybe Millie will stop this nonsense about jumping the fence once the snow flies. My dad wants me to come to MN to help with my mom--the condition is that I can't start a chicken farm! He did say I could have 3 chickens...didn't I start with 2...and then 5...and then 2 more...and then 9...and then five...and now 2 more? Chickens are kinda like potato chips--you can't have just one.

On a sad note--I went out to the farm on Saturday to feed Rocky and the chicks. Rocky was beside himself--has an injury on one of his wings. I locked him in the barn with a hopper of feed and water. It took hours to get him in the barn. He only has one of his tail feathers. He was terrified of me--unlike his behaviour when he was here and he would attack me--he was running from me and hiding. No chicks. Found evidence of two being slaughtered. Didn't find evidence of the others being killed. Blood on the coop door, a couple of piles of feathers, a couple of legs...not pretty. If any of the chicks are alive, they are roosting in the trees. The DH went out Sunday, he couldn't find any either. He's going back out today. I told him it was a bad idea to have chickens at the farm with no one living there...he didn't believe me. Now he does. (Don't know what part of the DW is always right he doesn't get...)

Last edited:
Thanks re: keeping the girls. I just couldn't let them go....they make my mornings (not to mention my breakfasts). Who knew having chickens could be so much fun (and so hard to let go! I must say--I had 20 responses from people wanting them--but...well, they are MY girls...as much as Millie drives me crazy--she's taken to roosting on the other side of the fence...I keep telling her that is a bad idea....). I'm waiting for snow--they don't like snow and maybe Millie will stop this nonsense about jumping the fence once the snow flies. My dad wants me to come to MN to help with my mom--the condition is that I can't start a chicken farm! He did say I could have 3 chickens...didn't I start with 2...and then 5...and then 2 more...and then 9...and then five...and now 2 more? Chickens are kinda like potato chips--you can't have just one.

On a sad note--I went out to the farm on Saturday to feed Rocky and the chicks. Rocky was beside himself--has an injury on one of his wings. I locked him in the barn with a hopper of feed and water. It took hours to get him in the barn. He only has one of his tail feathers. He was terrified of me--unlike his behaviour when he was here and he would attack me--he was running from me and hiding. No chicks. Found evidence of two being slaughtered. Didn't find evidence of the others being killed. Blood on the coop door, a couple of piles of feathers, a couple of legs...not pretty. If any of the chicks are alive, they are roosting in the trees. The DH went out Sunday, he couldn't find any either. He's going back out today. I told him it was a bad idea to have chickens at the farm with no one living there...he didn't believe me. Now he does. (Don't know what part of the DW is always right he doesn't get...)

Too bad you don't have a yard dog at the farm. They are good at keeping predators away from the homestead. I'm sad about the farm chickens and Rocky!

Had cream of wheat w/sliced banana and a cup of strong hot tea

When son #1 was just two months old, nursing him was becoming a full time job. That child could pack away the milk. So the doctor had me give him small amounts of cream of wheat. That soon increased to a full meal. To this day, he loves cream of wheat. He will cook a whole box and have it for breakfast. :angel:

Too bad you don't have a yard dog at the farm. They are good at keeping predators away from the homestead. I'm sad about the farm chickens and Rocky!
Given that one of the neighbours shoots dogs that are roaming, chances are the dog would not last long. I have a problem with outdoor dogs, rescued too many of those.

This morning I made home fries with ham and eggs.

I normally have cereal during the week but, last week at the flea market I purchased 3 cast iron frying pans and I had to test drive them this morning. Two of them are Wagner Ware and the third is a Griswold. All three are slick as a whistle inside and out, they work just like new Teflon pans.

Love that flea market! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom