What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a late breakie of gluten-free honey nut Rice Chex cereal with a banana and almond milk. I will have a glass of blueberry/pomegranate juice as well!

3 egg whites on a sprayed grill topped with 1 sice of fat free cheese on 2 slices of light (40 calorie) bread, spread with some light butter & ketchup. !/2 cup diced watermelon/fresh pineapple mix & 1/2 serving of baked chips. Also, a sugar free, fat free iced 20 oz. latte.

Do Americans have a different scale for testing blood sugar than we do? My Dad was low at 5 or under and high from 7 and above. If he got to over 10 we got alarmed.

Yes, we use mg/dL, you use mmol/L. High for me is over 130. This varies from person to person, depending on what therapy we are on. Folks on Insulin generally need to take insulin if they are over 120. If I stay less than 140, I don't have to take orals along with my Victoza.

Do Americans have a different scale for testing blood sugar than we do? My Dad was low at 5 or under and high from 7 and above. If he got to over 10 we got alarmed.

When I am on my oral medicine, my normal is 130. My low would have been 120. But due to my crazy eating habits, my doctor has taken me off any meds. The last reading was 185 and that is my normal now without any meds. My A1c is 6.5. And that is what we base on sugar levels on over the long run. I personlly don't like where my sugar levels are, but my doctor seems happy with them. So I will trust him for now. :angel:

Breakfast Pizza

39817-albums888-picture5073.jpg

Made about the best French toast I've ever done. Used challah bread and, instead of milk, substituted heavy cream in the dipping custard for the bread. Wow!!!

Surprised Glenn with a plate of fried hog's jaw, cooked nice and crisp. With the toast and meat, we had juice and hot coffee.

It was a yummy breakfast.

Nice photo, S&P. Care to divulge what's hiding (if anything) under the cheese? Or is that an egg? Either way, yum yum.
That pizza makes my stomach growl just looking at it. It looks amazing!
Our 13 year old had 2 girls sleepover last night so dh got up & bought 1 dozen fresh bakery donuts. I just looked at them & associated them with 2 plates of pills I would have to be on for the rest of my life (thanks for that pf) & I turned around & made a bowl of steel cut oats for breakfast today.

That pizza makes my stomach growl just looking at it. It looks amazing!
Our 13 year old had 2 girls sleepover last night so dh got up & bought 1 dozen fresh bakery donuts. I just looked at them & associated them with 2 plates of pills I would have to be on for the rest of my life (thanks for that pf) & I turned around & made a bowl of steel cut oats for breakfast today.

Fantastic! I bet the oatmeal will make you feel fuller longer than a donut or two would! You are doing great!

Hotel food for the last few days: so-called eggs, sausage, milk and coffee. We did hoard a few apples, oranges and bananas.

Back
Top Bottom