What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two poached eggs, steamed swiss chard (what am I going to do when fresh swiss chard is no longer available????!), a side of wildrice stuffing, and a LARGE glass of watermelon juice.

Snip...we did have a really good juicer but we sold it on eBay as we felt that it was cheaper to juice buy Vegetable juice and Carrot juice, as vegetables are so expensive lately!

We too buy the V8 Vegetable Juice...it is very nice :yum:

Snip...we did have a really good juicer but we sold it on eBay as we felt that it was cheaper to juice buy Vegetable juice and Carrot juice, as vegetables are so expensive lately!

We too buy the V8 Vegetable Juice...it is very nice :yum:
I guess if you're buying the veggies, that can get pricey. I find having a juicer lets me get "rid of" lots of veggies in one fell swoop. I can juice 4 beets, 5-6 tomatoes, 6 carrots, several stalks of celery, cucumber, kale, swiss chard, etc., and it all fits in a 12-oz. glass. But, I would never want to have a juicer w/out a DW. Cleaning juicers can be such a pain. Can you plant a veggie patch? In the summer, I take the juicer out on the deck and put it on a tray--that way, I don't get "splatter" in the kitchen. And, the girls love the pulp!

I had 2 egg whites on a slice of lite 12 grain bread & 1/4 cup of captain crunch with crunchberries/milk & coffee.

I guess if you're buying the veggies, that can get pricey. I find having a juicer lets me get "rid of" lots of veggies in one fell swoop. I can juice 4 beets, 5-6 tomatoes, 6 carrots, several stalks of celery, cucumber, kale, swiss chard, etc., and it all fits in a 12-oz. glass. But, I would never want to have a juicer w/out a DW. Cleaning juicers can be such a pain. Can you plant a veggie patch? In the summer, I take the juicer out on the deck and put it on a tray--that way, I don't get "splatter" in the kitchen. And, the girls love the pulp!

That does sound really nice CWS :)

I agree that is is a pain washing the juicers :rolleyes:

We don't have room for a veggie patch..we have a decent size garden but it is filled with trees, plants and bushes....we have a jungle :LOL:

Had a glass of Dr. Oz's green drink. Thought I'd try making it. Feels like I've mowed the lawn with my teeth! He makes it with a blender but I think a juicer will make this recipe taste better. It's not for the faint hearted lol!

Had a glass of Dr. Oz's green drink. Thought I'd try making it. Feels like I've mowed the lawn with my teeth! He makes it with a blender but I think a juicer will make this recipe taste better. It's not for the faint hearted lol!

That sounds interesting Snip...what is in the drink?

That sounds interesting Snip...what is in the drink?

It's gross!
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber with peel and seeds
1 head of celery
1 tsp of ginger root
1 bunch of parsley
2 apples with skin
juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime

chop all of the above and blend till smooth.

Oprah also drinks it each morning and it's apparently great for you but I find it really thick and grassy.

LOL...it doesnt sound fantastic :LOL:

The ingredients sound okay though...I dont know if I am willing to give it a go or not :ermm:

LOL...it doesnt sound fantastic :LOL:

The ingredients sound okay though...I dont know if I am willing to give it a go or not :ermm:

Go read about it on Dr. Oz's wesite, they say it's great for you and helps you lose weight etc etc.
Maybe my blender just isn't strong enough or maybe I should have used celery that was less tough? Who knows but it's meant to be blended for the fiber, not juiced.
Still too gross for me :wacko:

This morning I had a bowl of the BEST tasting strawberries I have ever eaten. We got them on the weekend at a local craft market, so good I bought $35 worth lol. I don't know if they're organic, all I know is they're sooooo good they don't even taste like real fruit

Two eggs, sunny-side up, steamed kale, fresh hashbrowns, and a glass of fresh oj.

Snip--if you juice Dr. Oz's drink, you can stir some of the pulp back in. That's what I do when I make my veggie juice--not all the pulp, but about 3/4 to 1 c of it. I find I have to cut back on the ginger--overpowering. I usually add a couple of carrots and a beet or two (I use the juicer). And, w/out a dishwasher, I probably would drop my juicer off at the thrift store (where there are usually 2 or 3, hardly used, often with the user manual). The blades on your blender might be dull...you can sharpen them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom