What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man, snippers, you just read my mind!--a nice oily anchovy spread, or a garlicky olive tapenade, would exactly hit the spot right about now....:)

That's my mind made up then, Anchovy toast here I come :LOL:

You've just named my favourite pizza topping! Anchovies, garlic and olives :yum:

Breakfast is an eternal issue for me. I've been very overweight, very underweight, and am now what I consider a good weight (I've gained a half in in height and lost 30 lbs in the past year or two). But breakfast still stymies me. I'm knowledgeable about nutrition and all that stuff, but simply am not all that hungry, and really don't like most of the breakfast staples. Most of my life I ate things like soup or warmed up leftovers from the night before. But the exercises I do now really don't take to much more than the lightest of fare (seriously, Pilates at 9 a.m., water exercises at 8:30 a.m.? You really don't want to encourage the digestive system). By the time I get home, I'm actually ready for lunch, which is fine. But what to eat before I go out is a bit of a problem. Before I was able to get back out and about, I was religious about having some yogurt, granola and fruit. I occasionally buy nutrition bars, but I swear, they all taste like candy bars and I just don't like the excessive sweetness. So I plod along. My goal is to NOT re-gain the weight I lost due to illness/stress. And I know I need to eat before I go to my workouts/physical therapy. So I'm still looking for the right early breakfast.

Breakfast is an eternal issue for me. I've been very overweight, very underweight, and am now what I consider a good weight (I've gained a half in in height and lost 30 lbs in the past year or two). But breakfast still stymies me. I'm knowledgeable about nutrition and all that stuff, but simply am not all that hungry, and really don't like most of the breakfast staples. Most of my life I ate things like soup or warmed up leftovers from the night before. But the exercises I do now really don't take to much more than the lightest of fare (seriously, Pilates at 9 a.m., water exercises at 8:30 a.m.? You really don't want to encourage the digestive system). By the time I get home, I'm actually ready for lunch, which is fine. But what to eat before I go out is a bit of a problem. Before I was able to get back out and about, I was religious about having some yogurt, granola and fruit. I occasionally buy nutrition bars, but I swear, they all taste like candy bars and I just don't like the excessive sweetness. So I plod along. My goal is to NOT re-gain the weight I lost due to illness/stress. And I know I need to eat before I go to my workouts/physical therapy. So I'm still looking for the right early breakfast.

I can relate to this, I never used to eat breakfast but I know I should.
At first it started because I'm a bit of a foodaholic if I start eating in the morning. If I eat breakfast then I just can't stop eating at all. When I don't eat breakfast I don't get hungry during the day.
I don't like sweet breakfasts and eating a fry up every day is a bad idea.
I started eating small things in the morning about 2 years ago to get myself into eating breakfast. Either a boiled egg (I always keep a few in the fridge for the kids as a snack), a rice cake with cottage cheese or hummus, plain yogurt with seeds (pumpkin, sesame, linseed and sunflower seeds) or anchovy toast.
Now I'm so used to it, it's become a habbit.

You guys could start a lottery re: which grain I eat with my poached eggs, Kale/Swiss Chard. Today it is .... WILD RICE. And the winner is ....

Monday I baked my first batch of onion bagels since shoulder surgery.

So this morning I had an onion bagel with cream cheese.

Slice of wheat toast w/ butter spray
Grilled chicken strips 3oz w/ a little (shredded) 2% cheddar cheese
Decaf coffee w/ Splenda:)

Slice of wheat toast w/ butter spray
Grilled chicken strips 3oz w/ a little (shredded) 2% cheddar cheese
Decaf coffee w/ Splenda:)
Very healthy, good for you. I will try it.

Today I had some fiber one cereal with a few fruit loops added & milk, a cup of coffee & a slice of buttered banana bread.

I can relate to this, I never used to eat breakfast but I know I should.
At first it started because I'm a bit of a foodaholic if I start eating in the morning. If I eat breakfast then I just can't stop eating at all. When I don't eat breakfast I don't get hungry during the day.
I don't like sweet breakfasts and eating a fry up every day is a bad idea.
I started eating small things in the morning about 2 years ago to get myself into eating breakfast. Either a boiled egg (I always keep a few in the fridge for the kids as a snack), a rice cake with cottage cheese or hummus, plain yogurt with seeds (pumpkin, sesame, linseed and sunflower seeds) or anchovy toast.
Now I'm so used to it, it's become a habbit.

I, too, have the problem of if I start eating early, I eat more all day. Not as bad now as when I was younger (like you!). When I first got out of the hospital, I coaxed myself into yogurt, fruit, and a dollop of granola, simply because I knew I needed it in my stomach before I could take pain pills. Well, I didn't take them for long, and got back into exercise classes, and now eating before I go to class is a pain in the posterior!

I'm going to try a cup of broth with a beaten egg swirled into it in the morning. See if is a viable breakfast for quick, easy and nutritious. I hate eating first thing in the morning.

I, too, have the problem of if I start eating early, I eat more all day. Not as bad now as when I was younger (like you!). When I first got out of the hospital, I coaxed myself into yogurt, fruit, and a dollop of granola, simply because I knew I needed it in my stomach before I could take pain pills. Well, I didn't take them for long, and got back into exercise classes, and now eating before I go to class is a pain in the posterior!

Seems like we have a lot in common :LOL: I also started eating breakfast mainly because of the meds I have to take :angel:
I love food though but good food! If it's the usual day to day stuff I could even go without!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom