What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For my husband and I - a couple of ounces of leftover ham chopped fine with a small amount of smoked cheese scrambled into 3 eggs - so we each get an egg and a half. English muffin - whole wheat of course! Oh, yes, can't forget the coffee.

For my husband and I - a couple of ounces of leftover ham chopped fine with a small amount of smoked cheese scrambled into 3 eggs - so we each get an egg and a half. English muffin - whole wheat of course! Oh, yes, can't forget the coffee.

We had a whole wheat bagel with ham, egg, and Swiss cheese. OJ on the side.
:yum:

does the triticale taste nutty, or anything like rye bread?
if you are not all 'searched out' by now, you might check out sandy's kitchen online. it's not a hurricane site.:) click on 'breakfast' where sandy has collected an interesting assortment of breakfast dishes. you will notice that not all of the recipes are low fat, but they are coded for easy recognition. there are other promising food categories there, too....:)

The titricale is nutty tasting and has a bit of a "sharp" taste that adds to it. It's really quite good. One cup of it rolled and 2.5 cups water, it does need to cook a bit longer than oatmeal. I'm trying spelt flakes next...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea of Sandy's Kitchen. I will look here in a bit. Gotta eat!

I had 2 poached eggs, a zucchini patty (I made frozen zucchini patties out of fresh zucchini in the summer, froze them) that I put it in the oven on a cookie sheet at 450 and cooked for 15 minutes, flipped, and cooked for another 5 minutes. In the meantime, I pureed some black beans (about 3/4 c), added cilantro, garlic, jalapeno pepper, 1 tsp of EVOO. Popped that in a bowl and then the microwave for my "refried" beans (I'm trying to add 3 c of beans to my diet / week), and steamed bok choy (frozen from the garden). I topped the zucchini patty with 1 tsp grated sharp cheddar and a liberal splash of hot sauce, followed by the poached eggs. I also topped the "refried" beans with 1 tsp grated sharp cheddar and more hot sauce. I'm still stuffed.

Last edited:

That all sounds yummy Charlotte :yum:

We had "one time only" hash and eggs. I'm sure most of you have had this type of hash, might even call it "clean out the fridge" hash.:LOL: Made from left over ingredients that might never be in the fridge at the same time again. This time it was a small piece of tasso, two small country style pork ribs that had been grilled after marinating in mojo and some beef off the shank bones used in making stock yesterday. Potatoes of course, plus onion and garlic powder.:yum:

Last edited:
Sounds like what I had: fridge clean-up breakfast. A chunk of leftover red bell pepper, onion, some potatoes, ham from last week. Chopped up and fried up with 2 "sunnies" on top.

img_1224060_0_a39f42a6298f0d5fb93457e6ff85c7df.jpg

Sounds like what I had: fridge clean-up breakfast. A chunk of leftover red bell pepper, onion, some potatoes, ham from last week. Chopped up and fried up with 2 "sunnies" on top.

img_1224064_0_a39f42a6298f0d5fb93457e6ff85c7df.jpg

Looks like my plate, except I had anothe egg and no toast!;)

I ordered a pecan waffle & halfway through it found a long white piece of plastic. Good way to control portion control.

Back
Top Bottom