What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning I had some continental bread toasted with Vegemite on one and peanut paste on the other :yum:

Yuck! I hope you brought it to the manager's attention.
I did bring it to the servers attention & she comp'd my meal. She said it was a piece from the pastry brush but it didn't look like a pastry brush to me. I lost my appetite which isn't all bad.:)

GG, continental bread is like a vienna, it is a crusty loaf of bread :)

Yes, peanut paste is the same as peanut butter :)

1/2 c oatmeal, 1/4 cup lemon and honey greek yogurt, 8 oz low-sodium V-8, 10 ounce coffee with 1 tsp cane sugar and 1 ounce half and half.

My morning snack will be half a granny smith apple, I'll be drinking water all day.

Yesterday I did some prep work on the grain & nut pancake recipe bakechef (I'm pretty sure that's who was kind enough to give us the recipe) posted. Ground up the oatmeal, chopped the nuts, measured the flours. Now I'm going to stir water into the dry buttermilk mix for that ingredient & finish up. Serious drool factor.

Yes, that was bakechef's grain & nut pancake recipe. And yes, they are sinfully good. I put away so many hot ones that I won't need lunch and maybe even not supper. And there's a whole pile of them left to freeze and enjoy later.

Thanks again, bakechef!

I was lazy this morning and just cooked up a can of cinnamon rolls. I do really like them though.:yum:

2 slices of light, multi-grain, sara lee bread, toasted with peanut butter & very light strawberry jam & a cup of coffee with 1 portion cup of french vanilla creamer. Suprisingly 350 calories.

Fish eye (large pearl) tapioca pudding with heavy cream today, 1 1/2 grilled cheddar cheese with onions sandwiches yesterday. Hope Mayor Mike doe not hear about my breakfast sins. I try to compensate by skipping lunch.

Last edited:
it won't be long now, jpb. he's in his final year, and the presidency is too far away for a tyrant from nyc.

bot, i'm having scrambled eggs, some bacon, and tater tots when i get home this morning as all i ate yesterday was 2 small carrots, 2 stalks of celery, a little hummus, 3 garlic knots, and a tiny boneless pork chop.

i'm hungry!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom