What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chickenkeeper's hash with two fried eggs. Chickenkeeper hash is a variation of Bombay potatoes to which one adds chick peas and bok choy.

CWS has been setting a good example of how to eat breakfast, and news items now seem to be taking up the banner of the importance of a good breakfast. I enjoy the simplicity of a bowl of cereal but have been trying to put more of my day's worth of calories in the morning meal. It's really not that hard with a microwave to do fresh or leftovers first thing in the day, and I'm trying to readjust my habits. When I read CWS posts about the greens and brown rice I just know how healthful they are, no matter what time of day. Oh, yes, and the farm-fresh eggs.

CWS has been setting a good example of how to eat breakfast, and news items now seem to be taking up the banner of the importance of a good breakfast. I enjoy the simplicity of a bowl of cereal but have been trying to put more of my day's worth of calories in the morning meal. It's really not that hard with a microwave to do fresh or leftovers first thing in the day, and I'm trying to readjust my habits. When I read CWS posts about the greens and brown rice I just know how healthful they are, no matter what time of day. Oh, yes, and the farm-fresh eggs.
Thanks.:) I've been trying to not only load up on the calories, but also get high-quality protein on board to start my day, greens, and some carbs. Quick-cook grits are my "don't have time to do barley/rice/spelt" go-to carb. I have to eat those farm-fresh eggs.:) The few times I've skipped breakfast, I've been starving by 10:00 a.m. and tired by mid-morning.

Am I the only one who seems to just get into the habit of same thing every day? And oddly, I like it.

Last month or so I've been having mostly toasted "everything" bagel, lox, cream cheese and sliced onions. I look forward to it when I wake up my morning; I have to soak up my coffee then OJ before I feel like eating.

Too bad I'm out of lox. Looks like it's back to egg and cheese burrito for me tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe I'll switch back to that every day...

Or maybe I'll make a quiche. Depends on if my mushrooms are useable. I've had 'em for a couple weeks, stored in my patented paper bag method (it really works) and instead of getting yucky they just progressively dry out. I had a peek and they look like they might be good. I grabbed a piece of puff pastry dough out of the freezer to be prepared. I don't measure stuff for mini-quiches. I just nuke the veggies, press the dough into a custard dish, mix up egg, cream, cheese, maybe some salad croutons, then bake it. It always comes out good.

So I guess I don't know WTH I'm having tomorrow but it ain't gonna be lox.
I seem to eat a lot of poached eggs, greens, and whole grains.:LOL:

Today I had some wonderful sweet bread for breakfast. Dh was up late baking for a breakfast catering this morning. Woke up to the wonderful smells of fresh banana bread & a wonderfully dense jewish sour cream coffee cake with a struesel filling & topping. Very good with a large cup of coffee & cream.

Hash browns with an egg, grape tomatoes, 2 pieces of nine grain toast with butter and black cherry jam, coffee with cream and sugar, cranberry-pomegranate juice.

Amazing how much food you can fit into a 10" skillet when you put your mind to it. Washed it all down with a Dr Pepper :yum:

Attachments

• Breakfast.jpg
    Breakfast.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 191
Fiber one cereal with a few fruit loops on top & a slice of coffee cake with a cup of coffee/creamer.

Drove thru Mickey D's this morning & had their #2: Sausage, egg & cheese Mcmuffin with hash browns & a medium o.j......800 calories later I was feeling pretty lousey!

Drove thru Mickey D's this morning & had their #2: Sausage, egg & cheese Mcmuffin with hash browns & a medium o.j......800 calories later I was feeling pretty lousey!

Isn't it amazing how fast things that you used to like can make you feel yucky? I can't even eat Wendy's burgers now, they make my stomach hurt from grease. And if I don't have at least one salad during the day, I don't feel good.

Back
Top Bottom