What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's because we are good at planning, enjoy the leisure to cook. It's the snap something up and run concept that has us stumped. I get up @ 5:30 in the morning to make it to work by 9...because I have too much to do before I can leave the house. Morning walk, eat, shower...
I have gotten in the habit of planning breakfast. Because I eat eggs most of the time, eggs are not time consuming to make. I don't do bacon/sausage most of the time, so the "sides" are what I plan. I make the grains the night before, figure out what veggie I'm having, and I'm done. And egg salad sandwich would not take much time to make if one boiled the eggs on the weekend.

From what I just read, clementines are derived from Mandarin oranges. Cuties are a brand name for clementines grown in California.

Frosted mini wheats mixed with fruit loops & half a lemon poppy seed muffin with a coffee with cream.

I have gotten in the habit of planning breakfast. Because I eat eggs most of the time, eggs are not time consuming to make. I don't do bacon/sausage most of the time, so the "sides" are what I plan. I make the grains the night before, figure out what veggie I'm having, and I'm done. And egg salad sandwich would not take much time to make if one boiled the eggs on the weekend.

I'm still building up to being able to EAT a larger meal in the morning...the thought of food when I wake up is still horrible to me...An egg, toast, V-8 and coffee are pushing that food barrier. Weekends are easy, I can wait until I'm awake to eat...it's the before work food that is tough...

A lemon poppyseed muffin with a coffee/cream for me today.

You know I have been following what you are eating. And it concerns me that you are not getting enough or even any protein in your breakfast. You need that protein. It keeps you from getting hungry early than you should be. And it will also make you feel full for a longer period of time. With the frosted mini wheats you are getting your fiber, and also your carbs. And that is good. But is there any way you could find the time to cook up even a few slices of bacon or a ham steak in the morning? Even leftover meat from the night before will do. I am still rooting for you though. I know you can do it. :angel:

You know I have been following what you are eating. And it concerns me that you are not getting enough or even any protein in your breakfast. You need that protein. It keeps you from getting hungry early than you should be. And it will also make you feel full for a longer period of time. With the frosted mini wheats you are getting your fiber, and also your carbs. And that is good. But is there any way you could find the time to cook up even a few slices of bacon or a ham steak in the morning? Even leftover meat from the night before will do. I am still rooting for you though. I know you can do it. :angel:
It makes me feel really good that you are paying attention to me addie:) Protein has always been my biggest challenge, I am not overly fond of meat. Eating egg whites are ok, just sick of them. I've tried almost every protein drink & can hardly tolerate the taste, love the bars but so much sugar & fat, I appreciate having you in my corner.:angel::angel:

It makes me feel really good that you are paying attention to me addie:) Protein has always been my biggest challenge, I am not overly fond of meat. Eating egg whites are ok, just sick of them. I've tried almost every protein drink & can hardly tolerate the taste, love the bars but so much sugar & fat, I appreciate having you in my corner.:angel::angel:
Quinoa has a lot of protein, as does flax porridge. You do not have to get protein from meat, but you do need to combine lentils/beans with another source of protein to get a complete protein (if not eggs/meat, then whole grains). I am concerned about the white sugar in you diet.<g>

Another breakfast of 2 poached eggs over a hash of sorts with a side of 10-grain cereal. The hash had chickpeas, spinach, sweet potatoes, zucchini, garlic, and lots of curry in it, topped with hot sauce....love hot sauce.

Attachments

• breakie 033.jpg
    breakie 033.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 218

I am going on the hunt. I will try to find a food that is high in protein, fast to prepare and easy to eat. And hopefully it won't be meat. Who says you can't have brocolli for breakfst? Or anything that suits your fancy? :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom