What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to check the Hungry Jacks website and see if we have it here too :)

Australia calls Burger King...Hungry Jacks...I think we are the only country that does :rolleyes:
Just checked out that website and I don't see the new breakfast sammies. BUT what is "premium eye bacon"? :huh::ohmy: It sounds scary. :LOL:

Just checked out that website and I don't see the new breakfast sammies. BUT what is "premium eye bacon"? :huh::ohmy: It sounds scary. :LOL:

Ahh you are looking at the Angas BBQ Bacon Burger ;)

The Premium eye bacon is the top part of the rasher, where most of the meat is :)

I used the rest of Shrek's milk for my bowl of Cheerios...he called me at work to remind me to buy milk:ROFLMAO: I go on cereal kicks at odd times, so he (and I) never know when our milk consumption is going to double.

No time to grab a handful of nuts to eat on the way to work? :angel:
Good point!!:angel:

Had to be at work early today, had to cater a large funeral. bbreakfast today was a small ham sandwich & a banana w/ an 8 oz coffee, no cream.

I love steel cut oats, just don't like the time it takes to prepare them. I should make 'em the night before, then heat in the microwave. But then, that would be intelligent.:smartass: Me, I'm more like this -:w00t2:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I love steel cut oats, just don't like the time it takes to prepare them. I should make 'em the night before, then heat in the microwave. But then, that would be intelligent.:smartass: Me, I'm more like this -:w00t2:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I've seen lots of instructions that have them soaking overnight and then simmering for an hour the next day. I've never understood this. It makes them completely soft. Might as well just make standard rolled oats at that point.

I heat a stainless steal pot, add a little olive oil and then the oats. Sometimes I cook them a little before adding the water because they get a nice toasted flavor but sometimes I add the water right away. I use the 2:1 water:eek:ats ratio. Bring to a rolling boil, stir so it's not sticking to the bottom, cover and turn down to simmer. 10-20 minutes later (depending on how much I'm cooking) they're done. Just remove from the heat and stir. If I'm cooking 1/4 to 1/2 cup, it's 15 minutes start to finish if I add the water right away, slightly longer (+2-5 min) if I cook them a little before adding the water. They aren't as soft as the soak overnight and cook for an hour method but that's what I like about them. They come out creamy and lightly chewy, similar to rissoto made with brown rice. I've even used them cooked this way as a sub for rice. But the main point of this is that if you have 15 minutes you can make a single searving of these.

You can toss in ground flax seed before adding the water and add frozen blueberries after it's done (will cool it quickly to a good eating temp) to super boost the nutrient content. You can also toss in some chopped nuts for extra protein.

I've seen lots of instructions that have them soaking overnight and then simmering for an hour the next day. I've never understood this. It makes them completely soft. Might as well just make standard rolled oats at that point.

I heat a stainless steal pot, add a little olive oil and then the oats. Sometimes I cook them a little before adding the water because they get a nice toasted flavor but sometimes I add the water right away. I use the 2:1 water:eek:ats ratio. Bring to a rolling boil, stir so it's not sticking to the bottom, cover and turn down to simmer. 10-20 minutes later (depending on how much I'm cooking) they're done. Just remove from the heat and stir. If I'm cooking 1/4 to 1/2 cup, it's 15 minutes start to finish if I add the water right away, slightly longer (+2-5 min) if I cook them a little before adding the water. They aren't as soft as the soak overnight and cook for an hour method but that's what I like about them. They come out creamy and lightly chewy, similar to rissoto made with brown rice. I've even used them cooked this way as a sub for rice. But the main point of this is that if you have 15 minutes you can make a single searving of these.

You can toss in ground flax seed before adding the water and add frozen blueberries after it's done (will cool it quickly to a good eating temp) to super boost the nutrient content. You can also toss in some chopped nuts for extra protein.

I used steel cut oats as a side in one of our - DiscussCooking Golden Chef competitions, a few years back. And I've made them many times for breakfast. But I recall them taking about 45 minutes, not 15. I'll try making them by your method. It can't hurt. And if they're still crunchy, I'll just cook them longer.:)

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the north

That is a great idea! I will definitely try it your way, I have some steel cut oats at work. I will plan on bringing them home tomorrow & whip up a batch. Thanks for the tip!:yum:

I made omelettes this morning. Hubby had a cheese one, and I had a cheese and orange bell pepper one. We had bacon too. Sure did taste good. :yum:

Tried the new Burger King egg, bacon and gouda on toasted english muffin. The muffin is has chive butter on it. It is surprisingly good. I also tried the new 25 cent iced carmel coffee and that was good also.
Had this for breakfast again with the addtion of an OJ. I can't get over how GOOD this sammie is! I am an egg snob. Most fast food and diner scrambled eggs are hard and over cooked brown (I HATE BROWN eggs!!). These eggs on this sammie are yellow, light and fluffy.

Back
Top Bottom