What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I could make myself like beets. I love to garnish with them as they have such a nice vibrant color.

Today for breakfast was a couple small pieces of beef jerky & a single serving sleeve of peanuts.
Beets are good for the kidneys--try the golden beets juiced with other things. I don't like pears, but I can handle pears juiced with other things (and baked in a pear crisp). Maybe one beet added to other things juiced?

BT--I hate the texture of pears, but got these pears when I picked up my friend's dogs, so I had to either juice them or feed them to the chickens! I LOVE beets (especially juiced) so figured the beets would cover the taste (and texture) of the pears.

You can also use pureed pears to muffins or add to cream of butternut soup.
I add 2 pears or apples to my squash soup and a bit of onion and curry. Very yummy and you can't tell it's in there.

Wish I could make myself like beets. I love to garnish with them as they have such a nice vibrant color.

Today for breakfast was a couple small pieces of beef jerky & a single serving sleeve of peanuts.

You can add grated or julienned raw beets to salad or coleslaw. Tastes completely different.
The small beets are less earthy and taste better too.

Green salad with beets

2 small beets cut into julienne strips
1 carrot cut into julliene strips
1 shallot finely sliced
about 12 cherry tomatoes halved
1 small head of crisp lettuce shredded
1/2 cup of crispy bacon chopped
3 boiled eggs chopped
1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella torn or diced
Green goddess dressing or Italian Vinaigrette

Toss the veggies well, top with crispy bacon bits, egg and cheese.
Drizzle with dressing.

Come Saturday, I think everyone should have for breakfast....

Crispy bacon covered in dark chocolate with a milk chocolate glaze. It will start your weekend off on the right foot. :pig::pig: :angel:

Everyday: Scrambled eggs (2) English Muffin or Wheat Toast, Pork Sausage or Bacon 2 patties or strips. Coffee. Wife has Egg Beaters, Muffin/toast /decaf Coffee. Sometimes I'll have Sausage gravy over biscuits but that's rare. Have to watch health...

You can add grated or julienned raw beets to salad or coleslaw. Tastes completely different.

Green salad with beets

1 shallot finely sliced
3 boiled eggs chopped

Drizzle with dressing.
That sounds great! Is it the "earthiness" about beets that people don't like? I adore beets--raw, cooked, roasted, juiced.

Green salad with beets

1 shallot finely sliced
3 boiled eggs chopped

Drizzle with dressing.

I love pickled beets. Yum! Have never tried raw beets... I should grow some this year. They are just too expensive for me to buy at the grocery store. I like to eat the beet greens too

I love pickled beets. Yum! Have never tried raw beets... I should grow some this year. They are just too expensive for me to buy at the grocery store. I like to eat the beet greens too
I too eat the beet greens. If carrots grow well in your soil, beets should do well. And yes, they are expensive. I am glad I don't have to buy beets--they are more expensive / lb than potatoes!

2 nathan's " bigger than the bun" hot dogs with gulden's spicy brown mustard for breakfast this morning.

breakfast of chubby champions. :pig:

A broccoli and cheese omelette with leftover mixed veggies. Yum! Hubby had a cheese omelette with a whole wheat bagel. I have started today off well. Stay away you crazy carbs!:LOL:

A broccoli and cheese omelette with leftover mixed veggies. Yum! Hubby had a cheese omelette with a whole wheat bagel. I have started today off well. Stay away you crazy carbs!:LOL:

That sounds really nice Chops, nice with all the vegetables :)

Come Saturday, I think everyone should have for breakfast....

Crispy bacon covered in dark chocolate with a milk chocolate glaze. It will start your weekend off on the right foot. :pig::pig: :angel:
My kind of breakfast!:pig: After my night last night my stomach could not have handled anything for breakfast this morning.:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom