What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now I am about to have some Shreddies...this is the UK cereal that I bought for Steve for his birthday just gone....lovely cereal :yum:

Egg, cheese, bacon on a carb balance tortilla. I splurged and had about a 1/4 glass of orange juice. It was really good, and should keep me happy for a while. I've hit a little bump in the road, but I am still working on things. I am at 10# lost, and it is stuck there. I think I am still losing inches though, so I think things are ok. The weather is going to get nicer soon, and I will be out doing all kinds of things soon. Also it is easier once I am off for the summer and the stress levels are better. A good breakfast usually gets me going for a great day. congrats SB on your good breakfasts, and your total weight loss so far. Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much. I am feeling great! My last weigh in laast thursday at the doc. was 230#, nice switch from 285#. I am looking forward to getting under that 200#mark.

Todays breakfast was light wheat bread with pbj & some beef nuggets with coffee/creamer.

Thank you very much. I am feeling great! My last weigh in laast thursday at the doc. was 230#, nice switch from 285#. I am looking forward to getting under that 200#mark.

Todays breakfast was light wheat bread with pbj & some beef nuggets with coffee/creamer.

Wow! that is quite an accomplishment. Keep it up.

I had a brunch today. Kind of early for me to be eating. Around noon I had two poached eggs on an English Muffin. Should have tossed the second half of the muffin and just put the two eggs on one half. I ended up eating just one half of the muffin in the end. In fact I would have been happy with just the eggs. I can't beleive I ate that early in the day. I am still feeling full. :angel:

Wow! that is quite an accomplishment. Keep it up.

I had a brunch today. Kind of early for me to be eating. Around noon I had two poached eggs on an English Muffin. Should have tossed the second half of the muffin and just put the two eggs on one half. I ended up eating just one half of the muffin in the end. In fact I would have been happy with just the eggs. I can't beleive I ate that early in the day. I am still feeling full. :angel:
Thanks Addie!

They say for my height & age that I should be 135#. Not sure if I will make that!:angel:

SB, I started at 238 and I weighed in today at 228. I am 5'7" and should weigh in at 145 or so. I was that weight when I was 20 years old. I would be thrilled to get down to 185. Wish me luck. I've been working on it for three weeks now. You are a fantastic inspiration for me. Thanks for your hard work. Keep it up!!

SB, I started at 238 and I weighed in today at 228. I am 5'7" and should weigh in at 145 or so. I was that weight when I was 20 years old. I would be thrilled to get down to 185. Wish me luck. I've been working on it for three weeks now. You are a fantastic inspiration for me. Thanks for your hard work. Keep it up!!

Keep at it chopper. We are all here to back you up. Ten pounds is a lot better than no pounds. :angel:

Congrats, Chopper!

Today's breakfast is leftover skillet chicken thigh-green beans-carrot dish I made last night and served over chinese noodles, a mandarin orange, and a glass of milk.

Last edited:
All Bran this morning

You really like cereal don't you? :LOL:

I just bought 15 large packets of assorted Kellogg's cereal for R75 ($8.15)
Wish I was closer so I could send you some ;)
A friend of mine gets it from a guy that works at the factory. The cereal is only in the packets that come inside the box but since we don't usually eat the box who cares?

Thanks Addie!

They say for my height & age that I should be 135#. Not sure if I will make that!:angel:
I have VERY large, dense bones (according to doctors). The least I have ever weighed in my adult life was 136 lb. I am 5'6". At that weight, I wore a size 5. I probably weigh 30 lb more than that, and I wear a size 8 or 10. Height and age are not the only factors. My mom is very fine-boned. When she weighed 108 lb, she wore a size 10. We are the same height.

Hey CWS, I know this is a breakfast thread but we just finished up with dinner and when our bellies rest for a few I am getting ready for my second shake of the day. this time chocolate.Been soooo baad lately.

Got up at 5 a.m., ate two hot dogs, a glass of milk, and a small slice of colby-jack cheese. Then went out and shoveled snow for an hour. We got hit the past 2 days with a snow storm, and the plow left half the county's snow in my driveway.:angry: Stupid plow!

The good part is I got an hours worth of good exercise:). Now it's time to shower and get ready for work. (Oh boy, more abuse. I can't wait.:LOL:). It's gonna be a long day. I think I'll tie a couple of flies when I get home from work. Had trouble stacking the deer hair on a sculpin pattern I'm creating. But that's ok. I'm sure that my buddy Leanardo (yes, I'm that old. Just ask my kids. They tell me how old I am all the time.:LOL:) took more than an hour to paint the Mona Lisa:ohmy:.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Hey, Chief, I was thinking we should do a "breakfast challenge" similar to the convenience store challenge...these are the ingredients, what would you do with them....we too have had more snow. But at least we don't have to worry about hurricanes.

Hey, Chief, I was thinking we should do a "breakfast challenge" similar to the convenience store challenge...these are the ingredients, what would you do with them....we too have had more snow. But at least we don't have to worry about hurricanes.

I'm game. We haven't had a Golden Chef's challenge in a while now. We have a bunch of new faces on DC. Breakfast is a wonderful theme. We could do it in April, if that's Ok with everyone.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom