What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:yum: I opened a large can of whole American tomatoes. Put them in a bowl, lighted salted them. They were small enough that a whole one would fit in my mouth. I love it when I bite down and all the juice inside the tomato explodes into my mouth. I then poured the puree into a glass and drank as tomato juice. I love tomatoes. Cooked or raw. :angel:
So do I! I always drink the juice that is in the jar of tomatoes (home canned).

Today's breakfast was an experiment. I tried the cauliflower pizza recipe and put it in muffin tins. I then took some pea bacon (I think that is what those south of the border call Canadian bacon), pan-fried it and about 3 minutes before the cauliflower shell was done, put a dollop of Dijon mustard, a slice of the pea bacon. Topped that with a fried egg and sides of broccoli and carrots and savory oatmeal, a small glass of milk.

Attachments

• march 28 027.jpg
    march 28 027.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 159
I always have the same breakfast. An egg or maybe two eggs on toast

But saying that....... I did find a breakfasta recipe for two ingredient banana pancake and one of the ingredients was a banana :ermm: .....I am yet to try this......

Today's grain is Israel cous-cous with mushroom, carrots, zucchini, miso, and hot red pepper flakes, 2 poached eggs, and the last of the broccoli (finally!).

Made some sausage gravy. Had it over English muffins with over easy eggs on top. Lots of black pepper.

I am currently having some Oat Crisp cereal

Good morning to you Kylie. It is afternoon here, and I just mixed up some pizza dough for supper. This morning I had a scrambled egg and salsa on a carb balance tortilla. I will be using one of the tortillas to make my pizza tonight too! The regular pizza crust is for the guys!

Good morning to you Kylie. It is afternoon here, and I just mixed up some pizza dough for supper. This morning I had a scrambled egg and salsa on a carb balance tortilla. I will be using one of the tortillas to make my pizza tonight too! The regular pizza crust is for the guys!

Good afternoon/evening to you Chops :)

Love the sound of your breakfast :yum:

Today's breakfast was chickpea hash (chickpeas, Israeli cous-cous, sweet potato, broccoli, zucchini, adzuki beans) seasoned with my friend's curry powder + ground roasted cumin, ground corriander seeds, sumac powder and tamarmind paste and cayenne pepper flakes, 2 poached eggs, and some slices of blood orange, a small glass of milk. I think I've had my fiber for the day and hopefully those cayenne pepper flakes will boost my metabolism--besides clearing out my sinuses.

Attachments

• Breakie_chickpea_hash 031.jpg
    Breakie_chickpea_hash 031.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 201
Somebody brought me some most excellent sausage yesterday from a Polish store in the city. His wife cooked it somehow and it had just a hint of sauce on it and was oh-so-sweet...
So I just threw a piece between two pieces of white bread for breakfast. Washing it down with Pepsi diet wild cherry. I mean washing the second one down with Pepsi diet wild cherry :rolleyes:

Today's breakfast was chickpea hash (chickpeas, Israeli cous-cous, sweet potato, broccoli, zucchini, adzuki beans) seasoned with my friend's curry powder + ground roasted cumin, ground corriander seeds, sumac powder and tamarmind paste and cayenne pepper flakes, 2 poached eggs, and some slices of blood orange, a small glass of milk. I think I've had my fiber for the day and hopefully those cayenne pepper flakes will boost my metabolism--besides clearing out my sinuses.

Breakfast looks great as always!

Cayenne pepper is great for your metabolism! I've grown to love a cup of cayenne pepper tea with lemon each day :yum: I add some paprika too!
I started drinking mine for my back pain and discovered how many other benefits it has after.

I had the last of my beets today. I love beets but I think I'm done for a while :LOL:
I'll take a break before my teeth turn as pink as my loo! I can't gargle with bleach :rolleyes:

On the way out the door. Heading to moms for Easter weekend. Just grabbed a muffin & a beefstick for breakfast today

Just egg and toast this morning, but later I cooked a pot of brown rice and when I went to the farm market I bought beets/w/tops and Swiss chard as well as my regular spinach. I've portioned the rice into individual servings (as per CWS' example recently) and will cook the greens and do the same.

Thanks, CWS!

Just egg and toast this morning, but later I cooked a pot of brown rice and when I went to the farm market I bought beets/w/tops and Swiss chard as well as my regular spinach. I've portioned the rice into individual servings (as per CWS' example recently) and will cook the greens and do the same.

Thanks, CWS!
Excellent! Good for you.

Back
Top Bottom