What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had breakfast for dinner -- and used my waffle maker for sweet potato hash browns!! I added some crumbled bacon, a small shallot and a clove of garlic to the shredded sweets before waffling them. I brushed the iron with olive oil before cooking as well. They were the perfect combination of crispy and soft. Yummmm

Had breakfast for dinner -- and used my waffle maker for sweet potato hash browns!! I added some crumbled bacon, a small shallot and a clove of garlic to the shredded sweets before waffling them. I brushed the iron with olive oil before cooking as well. They were the perfect combination of crispy and soft. Yummmm

I am loving the sound of all that Zereh :yum:

Trader Joe's whole wheat "British" muffins, with soft yolk poached eggs.

Since buying local farm fresh eggs, it's really hard to eat a grocery store poached egg, there is that flavor I remember from childhood when we had chickens. Store eggs just have no flavor in comparison. Oh and they're all different colors which is cool!

I still buy grocery store eggs for baking, because of their consistency of size.

Scotty, what is queso fresco?

Queso fresco is a Latin/ mainly Mexican cheese. It simply means fresh cheese. It is made with a gallon of milk, rennet and citric acid. Then the curds are pressed over night. Its not anything fancy.

Anyone can make it at home.

img_1269723_0_6ee7d4c92cba40e1d1133fa68d4b9819.jpg

Last edited:
I helped staff the Master Gardener table at the farmer's market downtown and bought a pastry filled with spinach, mushrooms and feta for breakfast from one of the vendors.

...Since buying local farm fresh eggs...Store eggs just have no flavor in comparison. Oh and they're all different colors which is cool!

When our kids were small there was an egg farmer not far from us who would post her "fresh eggs" sign when she had enough and added signs for the colors that day. The kids loved it when I made "Green" Eggs and Ham. :LOL:

It's October-like here today so I made oatmeal, adding toasted almond slices, fresh blueberries, a little each of brown sugar, lemon zest and Penzeys Vietnamese Cinnamon. :yum:

Queso fresco is a Latin/ mainly Mexican cheese. It simply means fresh cheese. It is made with a gallon of milk, rennet and citric acid. Then the curds are pressed over night. Its not anything fancy.

Anyone can make it at home.

img_1269820_0_6ee7d4c92cba40e1d1133fa68d4b9819.jpg

Thank you for explaining it to me Scotty :)

It does sound nice :yum:

Back
Top Bottom