What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because of the flapjack contest, I've had pancakes for breakfast the last two days, and will undoubtedly also have them again tomorrow. If this keeps up, I may need to move up a size in pants.

Yesterday's breakfast was curried brown rice with coconut milk, fresh peas, tomato, chick peas, chopped Swiss Chard, and green onions, 2 poached eggs on a bed of steamed Chard. Today's is stir-fried brown rice, 2 poached eggs on a bed of Swiss Chard and fresh cherries.

We went to Denny's, everyone had breakfat except me. I had the Super Bird (turkey, bacon, swiss and tomato on sourdough, grilled) with seasonal fruit and a glass of water.

Someone needs to teach Denny's what seasonal fruit is...

Because of the flapjack contest, I've had pancakes for breakfast the last two days, and will undoubtedly also have them again tomorrow. If this keeps up, I may need to move up a size in pants.

5 kinds of pancakes, bacon, home made sausage, Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage, honey, syrup, jelly, and a glass of milk at the end. I sent leftover pancakes home with one of my guests.

Since pancakes have always been a favorite of mine, I felt like I did them justice on Saturday morning.:pig:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Boy, am I glad I missed the pancake flip off! I gave away all my pants that were 1 or 2 sizes too big--it would be embarrassing to have to ask my friend for them back!

Today's breakfast was a variation of brown rice-mushroom-ham hash. I didn't have any fresh mushrooms or ham, so I added chickpeas, zucchini (from the garden), tomato, 1 chilpolte smoky (don't know where that came from, but found it in the freezer), chopped kale and swiss chard, some onion, chilpolte sauce, garlic, all topped with two poached eggs (the fresher they are, the less time needed to cook--these were still warm from the hens and in the microwave, they were ready in 45 seconds--perfectly runny yolks, and set whites). And, a handful of fresh cherries.

Our house guests and I had a batch of the Chief's World's Best Pancakes with an apple, brown sugar and cinnamon topping.

This morning I made the eggs Benedict with sockeye instead of Canadian bacon. Don't know if there is a clever name for that.

1 piece of lightly toasted, yeasty bread with butter, topped with 2 Farmer's Market free-range chicken eggs, cooked in bacon fat until almost set, then covered, with a couple tbs of water added to steam the top. Egg whites set, yolks runny. Seasoned by sprinkling S&P onto the pan, and breaking the eggs on top. Very pretty, very tasty.

So, if you want to present a really pretty egg dish, try seasoning the eggs on the bottom. They taste the same, but have a bright white color, with a light-pink membrane that covers the deep orange yolk. Wish I'd taken a picture.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Long walk with the dogs this morning, so I am having more of a brunch today. Last night's supper was k-bobs on the grill, so I am using up the left overs. I'm having a skillet meal with eggs, potatoes, peppers, onions, steak, and Swiss cheese. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom