What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I essentially had the same thing again this morning except no hollandaise. It is better with hollandaise. :mrgreen:

This morning I had a 2-egg cheddar cheese omelet, an English muffin with butter and cherry preserves and 2 cups of coffee with sugar and hazelnut creamer.

Everything is better with Hollandaise...
You did something I haven't had done since about 6th grade, you threw a word out there that I've never before seen, i.e. surfeit - an excessive amount of something, as a surfeit of cantaloupe, or so many that you have an excessive amount, more than you can use.

It can also be used as a verb - He surfeited potatoes until he was sick.

We need a thread where we can throw odd words at each other.;)

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You did something I haven't had done since about 6th grade, you threw a word out there that I've never before seen, i.e. surfeit - an excessive amount of something, as a surfeit of cantaloupe, or so many that you have an excessive amount, more than you can use.

It can also be used as a verb - He surfeited potatoes until he was sick.

We need a thread where we can throw odd words at each other.;)

That's a good idea...how about a word or words of the day?

I just signed up for WOD from the OED website. I'll get it started...

What I had for breakfast today....

I had a big dinner last night so I just had a bowl of ceral and white toast. Lunch was late today, so now not hungry now. But will maybe have a grill cheese later. Have a great day all :yum:

wonderful Swedish pancakes with butter and ligonberry syrup so yummy.
kades

1 piece of lightly toasted, yeasty bread with butter, topped with 2 Farmer's Market free-range chicken eggs, cooked in bacon fat until almost set, then covered, with a couple tbs of water added to steam the top. Egg whites set, yolks runny. Seasoned by sprinkling S&P onto the pan, and breaking the eggs on top. Very pretty, very tasty.

So, if you want to present a really pretty egg dish, try seasoning the eggs on the bottom. They taste the same, but have a bright white color, with a light-pink membrane that covers the deep orange yolk. Wish I'd taken a picture.

Sounds like a work of art! The way you describe it makes it enjoyable to invision.

Pineapple chunk greek yogurt with 1/2 pkg of nature valley granola bar & a coffee.

Sounds like a work of art! The way you describe it makes it enjoyable to invision.

If you haven't tried the technique, you need to. The eggs are tender, well seasoned, and delicious. If you put them on toasted English muffins, they're even better. And thanks for the compliment. You are gracious indeed.

This morning's breakfast was chicken fried steak with sausage gravy, hash brown potatoes and two eggs over easy.

This morning's breakfast was chicken fried steak with sausage gravy, hash brown potatoes and two eggs over easy.

I knew I should have traveled to your house for breakfast, but then, I wouldn't have gotten to work on time, seeing as we live a few miles from each other.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Our usual weekday breakfast fare is pretty mundane but, today, we had fresh pineapple along with our cereal. When I went to the market on Tuesday our Kroger had fresh pineapples for 99 cents each. You can bet I snatched up a load. What a treat!!!!!

I felt like I was back in the courtyard dining room in Puerto Rico again. Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow and the next day, and the next day and...

Back
Top Bottom