What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice, I was going to make an omelet with some leftover pizza toppings but I spaced and cracked the eggs in the pan like I was going to fry them. I pulled it off the heat, shrugged, and scrambled them as best I could in the pan, added the toppings but in the end just scrambled everything together. Not very pretty but still tasty.

Last edited:
Have a great vacation Steve! Wanna tell us where you're going?

I've been on a watermelon-blueberry kick lately. Gotta get them while they're in season. Had a side of cottage cheese. Even though it's mid-afternoon now I'm thinking about a slice of toasted raisin bread since I didn't have a starch at breakfast..and I'm getting a touch hungry. Which might equal grumpy. Better have the toast for Himself's sake.

You need more protein! :angel:

That's been my usual breakfast lately, it's a quick thing to eat as I'm getting ready for work. There are 11 grams of protein in the yogurt, then I usually have some fruit mid morning for a snack. Thanks for noticing though!:angel:

Today I did not do so well with 1/2 caramel roll, greek yogurt & coffee.:angel:

That's been my usual breakfast lately, it's a quick thing to eat as I'm getting ready for work. There are 11 grams of protein in the yogurt, then I usually have some fruit mid morning for a snack. Thanks for noticing though!:angel:

Today I did not do so well with 1/2 caramel roll, greek yogurt & coffee.:angel:

What I had for breakfast this morning was high protein, and super fast to prepare. I took a well-seasoned cast iron pan (8 inch) and put it over a medium flame. I walked to the fridge and removed 2 large eggs. I placed about a tsp. of butter into the pan and swirled it around as it melted. I added a sprinkling of salt and pepper to the pan, then gently broke the eggs into it. I let the eggs cook for about a minute, then added about 2 tbs. of water and covered everything with a lid. Cook for another minute or so and top a piece of toast with the eggs. They were pink on top, with the whites cooked through. This method makes a very tender, and well seasoned egg that is so pretty on top. The pepper and salt are on the egg bottom.

If you're looking for a quick, protein-rich breakfast, this one is sure to please.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

What I had for breakfast this morning was high protein, and super fast to prepare. I took a well-seasoned cast iron pan (8 inch) and put it over a medium flame. I walked to the fridge and removed 2 large eggs. I placed about a tsp. of butter into the pan and swirled it around as it melted. I added a sprinkling of salt and pepper to the pan, then gently broke the eggs into it. I let the eggs cook for about a minute, then added about 2 tbs. of water and covered everything with a lid. Cook for another minute or so and top a piece of toast with the eggs. They were pink on top, with the whites cooked through. This method makes a very tender, and well seasoned egg that is so pretty on top. The pepper and salt are on the egg bottom.

If you're looking for a quick, protein-rich breakfast, this one is sure to please.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Sounds good, but egg yolks cause me great pain, not sure why but I feel very sick after eating the yolks. The whites do not bother me. Sometimes for lunch I will make 4 egg whites into a sandwich.

Sunday morning (today) my weakness always goes back to 2 bakery fresh donuts with coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom