What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I eat 1/4 cup of nuts each day and I am still able to drop pounds. I think it is good fat and protein that a body needs. I also eat a lot of chicken and veggies. For me, eating veggies for my carbs is the way to go, and the fat isn't as big of a deal. I have cut out almost all bread, but I do eat it one day a week-usually I choose to have pizza. Cutting way back on bread and sweets has helped me drop 35 pounds since the end of February. Keep paying attention to what it is you are putting into your body, and don't beat yourself up if you add a little too much. In the long run you will do just fine. Good luck in your quest, and pm me if you need a lift or encouragement.
Thanks for the tip chopper! :) I will start incorporating some mixed nuts into my diet.:yum: It would be great to grab on the go. I also allow myself pizza once a week, on fridays. Looking on line I've found something called tehne, some type of soybean (firm) from indonesia, that can be grated & fried like hamburger, and is high in protein. anyone had any experience with it?

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Do you exercise a lot?

Last edited:
What do you eat for dinner? Or do you skip that? Haven't seen much about that...
I usualy grab a quick 1/2 sandwich w some watermelon, maybe 1/2 c of cottage cheese & a few chips. Wish I could make myself like meat more. Yesterday I ate 1,900 calories & only had 25 grams of protein. I track what I eat & it gives me the breakdown of what I should have according to my weight, age & height. I'm supposed to have 1,500 calories w a minimum of 60 grams of protein but I can rarely reach my protein requirement.

That is not good. What can we find that is low in carb, yet filling and quick and easy to fix. Breakfast and lunch I realize those two meals have to be easy and quick to fix. But at the same time I would like to see you eat a variety. You can get bored very quickly eating the same thing every day. What about keeping hard boiled eggs on hand for a quick snack?

Okay troops. Suggestions are welcome. :angel:
Thank you Addie!:angel::angel:

Sunday is when we have a little nicer, more involved breakfast.

Today I made this French Omelet. It was delicious and quite filling. The recipe says it serves 2. I suppose if you were a lumberjack that would be right, but it could easily serve 4, especially with a serving of toast, then juice and coffee. I couldn't eat all of mine. Guess I ended up saving about half. It'll have to wait until tomorrow to get gobbled up.

Glenn really enjoyed it and it was wonderfully easy to prepare. I streamlined this morning's prep by cooking the bacon and potatoes yesterday. Worked out perfectly. Beautiful, tasty breakfast with little to no effort.

DH fried us up some eggs, he actually is better at it than I am! With Chipotle Tabasco and ketchup, toast and coffee.

Thanks for the tip chopper! :) I will start incorporating some mixed nuts into my diet.:yum: It would be great to grab on the go. I also allow myself pizza once a week, on fridays. Looking on line I've found something called tehne, some type of soybean (firm) from indonesia, that can be grated & fried like hamburger, and is high in protein. anyone had any experience with it?

I try to walk at least 3 times a week. I also go to water aerobics two times a week if I can. I ride my bike sometimes on the weekend. I rode 20 miles today. I do have some weeks where I hardly do anything, but I do the best I can. That said, I still think that eating protein every time I eat a carb is what helps me most.

Thanks for the tip chopper! :) I will start incorporating some mixed nuts into my diet.:yum: It would be great to grab on the go. I also allow myself pizza once a week, on fridays. Looking on line I've found something called tehne, some type of soybean (firm) from Indonesia, that can be grated & fried like hamburger, and is high in protein. anyone had any experience with it?

Protein helps to slow down the absorption of carbs. Any time you have a carb, you should try to have a protein with it. Nuts are an excellent choice. :angel::angel:

I usualy grab a quick 1/2 sandwich w some watermelon, maybe 1/2 c of cottage cheese & a few chips. Wish I could make myself like meat more. Yesterday I ate 1,900 calories & only had 25 grams of protein. I track what I eat & it gives me the breakdown of what I should have according to my weight, age & height. I'm supposed to have 1,500 calories w a minimum of 60 grams of protein but I can rarely reach my protein requirement.

Here are some links that might give you some non-meat ideas for adding protein to your diet:

Protein in the Vegan Diet -- The Vegetarian Resource Group

Top 10 non-animal protein foods | ofcoursevegan

Nutritional yeast (9 g of protein/serving):

Nutritional yeast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I sprinkle it on popcorn, steamed green beans, broccoli, zucchini instead of cheese.

Today I had scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and sliced tomato. My husband made it. Love my eggs! Our tomatoes are ripening quickly. I am eating 2 tomatoes per day.

SB, Addie had a good suggestion to eat some protein with your carbs to slow digestion. Fruit does have a lot of carbs, but they are offset by the fiber and nutrients. A few nuts with your fruit would be a good choice. Try some plain greek yogurt with a sprinkling of nuts and fruit. I add a sprinkling of Fiber One cereal.

Watch the nuts that they are not salted. I snack on walnuts, the kind you buy for baking. The fat is good fat that you need.

I prefer my hard cooked eggs warm, too. Sometimes if I do have some in the refrigerator I will cut them in half and warm them in the microwave.

Lox 'n bagel, cream cheese and onion today, but I'm outta lox and not intending to visit the vicinity of my affordable lox monger (Super King in Northridge CA). I'm back to bacon, lettuce, tomato and egg on bagel tomorrow.

I think the secret to a good BLT is to have LOTS of tomato! :)

Today I had scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and sliced tomato. My husband made it. Love my eggs! Our tomatoes are ripening quickly. I am eating 2 tomatoes per day.

SB, Addie had a good suggestion to eat some protein with your carbs to slow digestion. Fruit does have a lot of carbs, but they are offset by the fiber and nutrients. A few nuts with your fruit would be a good choice. Try some plain greek yogurt with a sprinkling of nuts and fruit. I add a sprinkling of Fiber One cereal.

Watch the nuts that they are not salted. I snack on walnuts, the kind you buy for baking. The fat is good fat that you need.

I prefer my hard cooked eggs warm, too. Sometimes if I do have some in the refrigerator I will cut them in half and warm them in the microwave.
Appreciate the tips! I will get some walnuts for my yogurt in the morning, that sounds good! I very much appreciate your input!:)

Breakfast today was greek yogurt, 1/2 nature valley granola bar, 1 slice of light wheat toast 1 pbj & coffee.

Thank you very, very much!!!!!!:)
Get some nutritional yeast and mix it in with the PB. That will increase the protein and give it more of a nutty flavor. You won't want to eat nutritional yeast by itself--it'll make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth (I tried it!). It is very inexpensive and you should be able to find it at a bulk store or health-food store. I get mine at a bulk store (Bulk Barn), but I'm in Canada. You can also blend it in with your yogurt.

Back
Top Bottom