What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
You all have stronger early morning constitutions that I have. A cup of strong tea with a small splash (well dribble actually) od semi-skimmed milk is about all I can cope with first thing. But about 11am I'm, feeling a bit peckish so I usually have a bacon butty at the stables café after mucking out, grooming and doing the day's feeds.

The problem then is that I don't want to eat lunch until about 3pm which then throws dinner out of flunter. I got used to eating at 8 or 9pm first of all in Spain and then when I was working regular lates and finishing around 8-10 pm but I'm trying to have my dinner at mid day now I'm retired but it's a losing battle I'm afraid.

Today's breakfast is an omelet with shallots, crimini mushrooms, andouille and Gruyere cheese.

Spike just brought me back from Market Basket a huge piece of imported Swiss cheese. I already have a bunch of American cheese. Time for mac and cheese. I have the casserole elbows and cans of tomatoes. :angel:

That's purdy!!

It's Sunday, and thanks to Steve, the usual breakfast food today is a toasted "everything" bagel, smeared with cream cheese and dotted with capers, topped with lox, paper thin white onion and a home grown tomato slice. Next week I'll take a picture.

Beans on buttered toast, a little bacon, one egg over hard and killed, coffee. That should last until the first game.

Attachments

• breakfast3.jpg
    breakfast3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 168
I'm headed to the bakery for Kalamata Olive Rolls, then The Good Food Store for sharp cheddar. All the chatter about fresh bread and I was dreaming about it all night.

Beans on buttered toast, a little bacon, one egg over hard and killed, coffee. That should last until the first game.

Pacanis----- I've always wondered about the English and beans/toast and their love for it--- but my meager knowledge about it is from British movies/TV shows or novels.

Are they really eaten that much? I'm just going to have to try them sometime.:) Are the beans canned?

Pacanis----- I've always wondered about the English and beans/toast and their love for it--- but my meager knowledge about it is from British movies/TV shows or novels.

Are they really eaten that much? I'm just going to have to try them sometime.:) Are the beans canned?

As a kid, everyone is school had a baked bean sandwich on Monday. Today, I always have a can of baked beans in the fridge. I love them cold. :angel:

Are they eaten that often? Good question. I've never been to England. I don't know how popular they might be.
Beans on bread was a childhood meal, usually with something else if it was dinner or by themselves for lunch. My mother's father was from England, so maybe that's where she picked it up.
I believe someone here from England, Miniman, saw a dinner picture of mine eating them for dinner and suggested them for breakfast on buttered toast. And they are just as good. :yum:

I've never had them cold, Addie. Not on purpose anyway, lol.

I think the cold bean sandwiches came out of the depression.

We always had them on cheap spongey white bread with some raw onion and ketchup.

Next time you go to Wegmans look for these, they are perfect for a baked bean sandwich!

$%28KGrHqEOKpoE6WTZOiKPBOw9%28%28K8+w%7E%7E60_35.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom