What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that TRUE????? Can that be legal? Can you point me to valid sources that speak to that? I'd appreciate it.

I'd be interested in more info, too, but a question for you, cave: Why would it be illegal for a doctor to refuse to see a particular patient? We're not talking about an emergency here.

You're right, GG-----I looked up the reasons a doctor can fire a patients and non-compliance is one of them. Maybe that can vary from state to state, I don't know.

Fire a Patient - Can a Doctor Fire a Patient?

Well, I still want more info, please. I've done my more-than-fair share of firing doctors so I guess turn about is fair play. :cool:

Is that TRUE????? Can that be legal? Can you point me to valid sources that speak to that? I'd appreciate it.

Devil's Advocate asks---- wouldn't that just lead to patients lying to their doctors?----- which should NEVER be done.

Devil's Advocate asks---- would said doctors be able to hack into their patients credit card accounts to see what they''re spending money on? Cigarettes? Jim Beam? Twinkies? Would they need a warrant to do that?

You can see where I'm going with that.:LOL::LOL:

It has not been decided yet, I read about the campaign on either MedPage Today or Medscape, you will have to register to read the articles.

Doctors are seeing their patients admit either in word or pictures on social media. They don't even have to look at credit card info, etc.

It has not been decided yet, I read about the campaign on either MedPage Today or Medscape, you will have to register to read the articles.

Doctors are seeing their patients admit either in word or pictures on social media. They don't even have to look at credit card info, etc.

I bolded another reason to stay away from FB or from any social media with intimate details of what meds you're taking, your doctor or ..........certainly under your real name! Thats why User Names were invented------ but still not a good idea.

I get daily updates from both MedPage and Medscape. Any clue about when that article was posted? Ballpark?

It was last week, titled something like "Can a Doctor Fire patients for Non-compliance". The case study was about a doc who saw his liver transplant hopeful in the bar drinking in a video. The comments section on that story was quite the education.

It was last week, titled something like "Can a Doctor Fire patients for Non-compliance". The case study was about a doc who saw his liver transplant hopeful in the bar drinking in a video. The comments section on that story was quite the education.

Thanks!--- I found it. On Medscape. And the comments were spot on---- meaning that there's a myriad of reasons both pro and con about that issue.

I had an M.D. as a patient once who also studied for a law degree. That's almost what docs need now-a-days.

(That doctor eventually became a doctor who helped people sue their doctors! :LOL: Then later, several years after his wife died, became the doctor on a cruise line. Met many attractive single women/widows there! )

Out the door in a rush w 1/2 banana nut muffin & a coffee

Thanks for getting this thread back on track! I'm the worst offender so I actually mean---- thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't hi-jack. But it's what my circular thinking does. Sorry.

"Hello. My name is cave76 and I'm a hi-jacker"

Thanks for getting this thread back on track! I'm the worst offender so I actually mean---- thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't hi-jack. But it's what my circular thinking does. Sorry.

"Hello. My name is cave76 and I'm a hi-jacker"

Hello! Welcome to DC great place to have fun & get inspired!:)

I was fairly healthy today and had a few tablespoons of natural yoghurt, a small pear and a tablespoon of luxury muesli (no added sugar though) with a coffee.

1/2 poppyseed muffin, coffee, 1 slice light wheat bread w dry roasted natural peanut butter & honey & 2 turkey sausage links.

1/2 poppyseed muffin, coffee, 1 slice light wheat bread w dry roasted natural peanut butter & honey & 2 turkey sausage links.

I am glad you have been getting more protein into you in the morning. Have those five pounds from Christmas left yet? I sure hope so. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom