What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning? A mug of "builder's" tea (very strong with not much milk) and a bacon and sausage muffin (not an American muffin) with tomato ketchup, sitting outside the café at the stables watching the world go by, gossiping about horses and the new clients on the yard, oo-ing and ah-ing at the four year old little girl riding Daisy, the riding school pony, for the first time and complaining about the farrier/the vet/the yard manageress/the weather/children/husbands (cross out which do not apply)

I had some oatmeal a few days ago for a switch from my usual eggs. Tasted so good I am now going to have oatmeal and 1 egg.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 176
A friend turned me onto rye (full grain--looks like brown rice--she grinds it for rye bread). Love the chewiness of it (I soak it overnight and then cook it in the rice cooker for about 55 minutes). Today's breakfast was a fry-up of yellow sweet peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, some homemade chorizo sausage (a small patty that wasn't enough to shove in a casing from my sausage making spree), onion and a couple of T of homemade salsa. I dumped this on top of a "bed" of the rye. I was so full. According to the nutritional information re: rye, it has more fiber than wheat or oats so it makes you feel full longer. I ate the leftover rye for dinner. And the sausage was darned good.

I have some wheat and rye hot cereal I will be having on Wednesday with cranberries and a little sugar. Tomorrow is steel cut oats.

Rocklobster, you're breakfast looks so good. :yum:

CWS, sounds like a really great and filling breakfast.

I have lots of fruit right now, so I had a fruit salad and 2 slices of sprouted grain bread.

7 grain bread w pb & honey, oat blenders cereal w milk & coffee w sugar free creamer.

I am taking your advice Addie..Hope to shake things up! : )

Two poached eggs, purple barley, broccoli and a glass of milk. I read s/place that one should have 30 g of protein for each meal...don't think I got that for breakfast, but I wasn't hungry for lunch so only had a couple of tangerines.

Toasted 7 grain bread w pB & honey, pineapple chunk greek yogurt & coffee w SF creamer

Same ol', same ol'.

2 eggs, scrambled or any ol' way
1 English muffin with butter
Huge cup of coffee with cream and sugar.

I'm good to go.

Back
Top Bottom