What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Half of an Uzbeki melon from the farmer's market, and a big glass of milk. I had never tried one of those melons before, and found they are delicious! Hoping they will have more this weekend. :yum:

Training my boy babies learned from Cheerio's too..by aiming at one I left floating in the toilet. TMI?? :LOL::D

Today they never eat Cheerio's.

:LOL: Can't imagine why. It's a perfect potty training trick, though!

Last edited:
I am afraid I never used Cheerios for that purpose. When it came time to teach my boys to stand up, I gave that job to their father. I was more concerned with their motor skills. :angel:

Two poached eggs on a bed of steamed Chard and kale, topped with some homemade salsa, a side serving of oatmeal, and a banana.

I do eggs sunny side up with steamed greens, garlic and hot pepper flakes quite often and I have poached eggs in salsa but I have never had all three together. I will have to give it a try!

Now that meat is more expensive eggs are appearing more often at other meals.

Eggs, not just for breakfast anymore! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I do eggs sunny side up with steamed greens, garlic and hot pepper flakes quite often and I have poached eggs in salsa but I have never had all three together. I will have to give it a try!

Now that meat is more expensive eggs are appearing more often at other meals.

Eggs, not just for breakfast anymore! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
The eggs I eat only cost the cost of the feed for the girls...and the ones I sell usually go to buying feed. :LOL: Although, I did stop at the butcher in June and buy a couple of nice steaks with my egg money. I eat the oatmeal with just S&P (savory oatmeal). No sugar, no milk.

My breakfast was a repeat of last night's dinner: grilled pork chop and pan-fried potatoes with Greek seasoning and tzatziki and a Greek salad on the side.

Lemon poppy seed muffin, cereal & milk, coffee w cream

I had a jar of thick simple syrup with very thin slices of lemon in it. I had cooked the lemon slices in the syrup. My sister loved lemon poppy seed muffins. So I would make them. But I would put a small amount of batter in the cup, then a slice of the lemon, then the rest of the batter. As soon as they came out of the oven, I would brush the tops with the syrup and sprinkle the poppy seeds on. There was lemon flavor through the whole muffin. :angel:

You are welcome. Sliced thin enough, it doesn't take long for the skin to become edible. Just simmer the syrup or the thin slices will fall apart. I also used the slices on top and the sides of a lemon pound cake and the syrup to brush on top and sides to hold the slices. :angel:

I love to have bacon, egg and cheese in a toasted bun. I call them breakfast rolls. The cheese slice adds flavour. I also sometimes put tomato ketchup on the egg, they go really well together. :)

this morning was a coupla nathan's hot dogs, mustard, and onions, with polish dill spears.

and diet peach snapple.

img_1384342_0_3a8ba03014c766e66ceefb20afe39e9b.jpg

this morning was a coupla nathan's hot dogs, mustard, and onions, with polish dill spears.

and diet peach snapple.

img_1384411_0_3a8ba03014c766e66ceefb20afe39e9b.jpg

Looks wonderful, no Nathans for me though, make mine Hofmann's!

When I see Nathans in the grocery store it always reminds me of Joey Chestnut and those gross hot dog eating contests! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

For breakfast I think we need to add some scrambled eggs and maybe some cheese along with the mustard and onions!

Let's give Ronald McDonald a run for his money!

Back
Top Bottom