What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is yesterday's, I haven't had breakfast yet today--going back to bed--exhausted. I brought a carton of the Girls' eggs to the kitchen, grabbed a leek, some button mushrooms, arugula and my fellow worker from Cuba had some rice, oh, and there was Chinese BBQ pork, so I threw together my version of egg foo yung, but I topped it with locally sourced srirachi sauce. It was delish.

Chunky avocado, dosed with medium salsa, then stirred into beaten eggs and scrambled lightly. Sour Cream and pepperjack cheese...yum!!!

It is good to see that so many of our member do not feel like they have to stick to the American idea of what breakfast is supposed to be. Cereal or bacon and eggs. And sometimes for a special day, pancakes or waffles. :angel:

Just finished our every Sunday morning breakfast made by SousChef.

Half of a toasted and buttered bagel, smeared with cream cheese, dotted with capers, thin sliced lox, topped with a paper thin onion slice, thin slice of tomato, s&p.

Just not Sunday morning without it!

Last edited:
My kids loved Sunday breakfast. The table was set and the whole family sat down together to a hot breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast and home fries. A big glass of milk or in the winter, cocoa.

Sometimes I would make waffles or pancakes for them. Then came the hard part. Get dressed for church or clean your room. For some reason, church won out most of the time. But when they got home, they all found a pile of clean laundry on their bed to be folded and put away. They were pretty good at folding and not just cramming it in the drawers. I give the good breakfast the blame for that. It gave them the energy to do it right. :angel:

Today was a special deluxe brunch at a picturesque restaurant overlooking extensive gardens. (My brother's treat).

The start was a small crab bisque but then it was all you can eat buffet spread. On offer were oysters (!) - not my thing, large prawns, crabmeat, poached salmon, smoked salmon, ciabatta bread, tomato bread, roasted peppers, marinated artichoke hearts, various sauces, deli meats, ham terrine, mushroom pate, salad veg. We all overate! :yum:

It is good to see that so many of our member do not feel like they have to stick to the American idea of what breakfast is supposed to be. Cereal or bacon and eggs. And sometimes for a special day, pancakes or waffles. :angel:
For some reason which now escapes me I had a tuna fish and mayo sandwich which sounds a bit strange for this woman who has to steel herself to eat a slice of toast first thing in the morning. The only thing I put the occurrence down to is that I overslept and didn't get up until nearly 11am so it didn't feel like b'fast.

Poached eggs on a bagel.

img_1418867_0_3f52e185ce4c1578acb0042303e3d6f1.jpg

Unusual brunch but good combo...had an artisan beetroot and apple bread with caerphilly cheese that had cranberry in it, with a plum.

Nice pic of your breakfast, Joey. :yum:

I could also go for one of Kay's breakfast bagels, and a plate of Princess's avocado, salsa, and egg scramble.....so many good sounding breakfasts!

This morning I had a bowl of oatmeal with chopped apple and cinnamon, with watermelon and mango on the side. Hazelnut coffee.

Last edited:
Homemade cheese blintzes (ricotta and cream cheese filling) with fresh strawberries for me and lingonberry jam for Craig that we picked up at Ikea. Made these for Craig because I've never liked blintzes for some reason. These were the first I didn't absolutely hate but "eh." He really liked them though, which is what counts since they were made for him.

I just don't get it, I liked the crepes. I liked the filling. But put together and browned in butter/vege oil just does something that changes the combo into something I'm not fond of.

Recipe made 8, I completed 2 each, so 4 went into freezer for later use. Think I'll have something else when he wants them again and let him have his blintzes.

The way I make them the blintzes and filling are made separately, then assembled and served. No browning stage. Maybe that's your area to work on.

I'm hooked on my favorite breakfast. I toast an everything bagel, and serve it as a sandwich with bacon, fried egg, mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes and a healthy amount of lettuce.

It doesn't sound healthy to me but I know for sure it won't kill me tomorrow! :)

Remnants of a tom yam soup I made yesterday that I couldn't finish (with red thai curry paste, shallots, egg noodles, pak choi, chicken stock and shredded chicken). I had overeaten some sweet bread rolls I made earlier.

Last edited:
Normal "bigger than usual" breakfast because it's Sunday.

We had fried country ham slices, soft scrambled eggs, bagels, orange juice and coffee. Probably won't need any lunch because we ate later and heavier than we normally do. Makes for a nice, lazy day.

Same bacon, egg, tomato, lettuce and mayo on an everything bagel. I was right, it didn't kill me today. Yet... ;)

By the way, regarding the blintzes, I didn't mention all my ingredients are hot before assembly. Just in case I was misunderstood.

A nice variation is to chop up strawberries, heat and mix with some sugar, use that for your blintze stuffing. :)

How do you make the hazelnut coffee? Is it a hazelnut syrup?

Creative, they are just flavored individual coffee pods for my Keurig. I bought a big box of assorted coffees when I bought my Keurig. The hazelnut is mild flavored, but it's one of my faves since I love hazelnuts. :)

There's a hazelnut flavored creamer you can buy here (not sure if it's available there, I would think so...), there's also several other flavors like mocha, vanilla, etc. I haven't bought those in many years, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom