What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had slices of an orange with sugar about an hour ago. Later in the morning I am planning on having one slice of French Toast with butter and a light sprinkling of sugar.

Last edited:
Chief Longwind, this one's for old time's sake! Blueberries w/ Huckelberry Syrup.

img_1498759_0_ff0e11ac6ac37a5b0cd09cc91bf38b02.jpg

ooh! Huckleberry syrup, where did you get that S&P? I got hooked on huckleberry ANYTHING when we visited Montana, MMM :yum:

DH made fried eggs and toast. He is better at making fried eggs than I am, so I let him do it. He did need help with making the toast, though. Couldn't find the toast setting on the toaster oven.

Last edited:
This morning for Sunday Brunch I was going to make chicken and waffles with honey dijon sauce, but when I opened the Omaha Steaks box of four skinless, boneless chicken breasts it was breastless boneless skinless chicken breasts. There were only two in the box. So I sent them an email and they are sending me two more skinless, boneless chicken breasts and I will save the chicken and waffles for next Sunday.

I wish I had time for breakfast, though I'm not a big fan of "breakfasty"stuff. I prefer a cheeseburger over bacon and eggs.

Most days breakfast is a breakfast burrito or corn dogs from the mini market deli. Add a Pepsi and I'm good all day.

As I was cleaning up this morning's breakfast dishes, and I thought about this thread and ya know...
When DH and I were still working, we didn't have breakfast, oh maybe the odd Sunday Brunch at one of our favorite places, but not at home so much.
In the past almost 10 years of being retired, I make breakfast every morning, something.
When we were on a very strict diet a few years back, I'd rotate maybe 4 different menus so that we didn't get bored. We ate 4-5 time a day, very small meals, just to keep the blood sugar even and not get hungry... it worked!
DH shed 95 pounds ( me, 25 :glare: :harumph: )
Missus Dear Friend said that the only way we could have done this was that I was DH personal chef and monitored his food intake. He only ate what I gave him and I kept a food/exercise journal.

Anyways, but to breakfast... :)

When we were on a very strict diet a few years back, I'd rotate maybe 4 different menus so that we didn't get bored. We ate 4-5 time a day, very small meals, just to keep the blood sugar even and not get hungry... it worked!
DH shed 95 pounds ( me, 25 :glare: :harumph: )
have done this was that I was DH personal chef and monitored his food intake. He only ate what I gave him and I kept a food/exercise journal.

... :)

do you still have those menus hanging around?
- I seriously need to lose 40 lbs.:ermm:

and then come and be my persoanl chef?

I was trying not to eat before I went to sleep this morning, so I figured I would just eat a piece of a Cadbury fruit and nut bar and a big glass of milk.

Funny how those Cadbury bars come in 1 piece. :pig:

I couldn't stop. :sleep:

I try very hard to not eat when I get home from work and have another shift coming up. Some days it's just too hard. I had two pieces of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate covered Caramels.

I was trying not to eat before I went to sleep this morning, so I figured I would just eat a piece of a Cadbury fruit and nut bar and a big glass of milk.

My all time favorite candy bar and so hard to find now-a-days

I try very hard to not eat when I get home from work and have another shift coming up. Some days it's just too hard. I had two pieces of Sea Salt Dark Chocolate covered Caramels.

My second fav, especially if they're artisanal, HUGE Caramels!!

I was content with my regular breakfast for like over a year now:
Chex cereal with 8-12almonds (yes, i count because they aren't cheap when consumed daily), with soymilk and a scoop of vegan protein powder.

But today (probably because I had it before bed and had a stomach ache too), well I ate it, but I wasn't excited about it at first.

anyway, so that's why I am looking here!! :D

My all time favorite candy bar and so hard to find now-a-days

This was hilarious! I JUST maybe two weeks ago, had one of these! Never even heard of them before that day! Yes, yes, it's a big no-no on my diet, but I really had no other option. I needed to fill my belly...(see below)

My second fav, especially if they're artisanal, HUGE Caramels!!

(see above) although,...I only did have just a piece/bite...but that's because I had a Snickers before that! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
actually, the Snickers was a bit earlier (we were traveling ok?? :innocent: ), and so it was a KitKat before the Cadbury, but i needed it! :D haha :chef: j/k

And the similarities between us continue to grow. When I was at sea while in the U.S. big-Grey-Canoe Club, floating around on aircraft launching canoes, DW would send me a care package containing my, at the time, four favorite candy bars, along with other goodies. These were Cadbury Fruit and Nut, Caramellow, Cadbury DairyMilk, and Cadbury Dark. They are still among my favorites. I don't eat them for breakfast though, and rarely eat candy now (heavy sigh).

Been eating poached eggs with toast and bacon lately, though today was oatmeal.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom