What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roch, I love eating Rolled Oats with all sorts of add-ins,
but I gotta say that they only last me maybe 3 hours,
then I'm ravenous!
I tried Steel Cut Oats... not a fan.
I've yet to try this "Over Night" Oats, I dunno :turned:
I have to say they are gentler on my system..I notice the difference..I have a bad habit of eating salty things like eggs, toast, peanut butter, blt's etc...I am trying to move that stuff up to lunch items, to cut down on the overall sodium in my day..

Spam Fried Rice.jpg

Spam Fried Rice
The perfect one pan, one bowl Breakfast!
Think about it... you've got Rice, Eggs, Meat (it doesn't have to be Spam), Veg and Seasonings.
You can throw in whatever you have leftover.
My Sister-In-Law adds, Turkey Bacon, Turkey Hot Dogs and it's delicious!
You can add as much or as little "goodies" as you want.

Brunch today, Cajun eggs Benedict. Homemade chaurice sausage gravy over sweet cornbread, topped with fried eggs, with a side of a quick salsa based on Rotel tomatoes.

Attachments

• 2019-02-02 11.45.37.jpg
    2019-02-02 11.45.37.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
Two soft scrambled eggs with sautéed mushrooms and onions and a rather large pat of California Butter. Just enough to hold me over until our late mid day meal. No toast.

View attachment 33408

Spam Fried Rice
The perfect one pan, one bowl Breakfast!
Think about it... you've got Rice, Eggs, Meat (it doesn't have to be Spam), Veg and Seasonings.
You can throw in whatever you have leftover.
My Sister-In-Law adds, Turkey Bacon, Turkey Hot Dogs and it's delicious!
You can add as much or as little "goodies" as you want.

Kgirl, yesterday I had some leftover fried rice from our Egg Foo Yung meal. I scrambled some eggs into the rice and it was a just right breakfast.

Brunch today, Cajun eggs Benedict. Homemade chaurice sausage gravy over sweet cornbread, topped with fried eggs, with a side of a quick salsa based on Rotel tomatoes.

Cajun Eggs Benedict is a new idea to me. What a brilliant addition it would make to a restaurant breakfast menu. Is that an original idea Med?

Cajun Eggs Benedict is a new idea to me. What a brilliant addition it would make to a restaurant breakfast menu. Is that an original idea Med?

Thanks, it came out very well. Kind of my own idea. There's a place we go for breakfast that nearly always has some kind of take on Eggs Benedict so that got me thinking out of the box. We had leftover cornbread from the other night that I had frozen for later use and then I found a couple of packages of chaurice in the freezer the other day when I was looking for something else and an idea was formed. The salsa was definitely a last minute idea since I realized how heavy it was going to be when I was cooking it and wanted something to lighten it, so I worked with what was in pantry and fridge. Besides the fact that we usually go out for breakfast on weekends and our eating out budget pretty much got blown out of the water for a few weeks after last night's dinner, but I still wanted to have a nice brunch.

Thanks, it came out very well. Kind of my own idea. There's a place we go for breakfast that nearly always has some kind of take on Eggs Benedict so that got me thinking out of the box. We had leftover cornbread from the other night that I had frozen for later use and then I found a couple of packages of chaurice in the freezer the other day when I was looking for something else and an idea was formed. The salsa was definitely a last minute idea since I realized how heavy it was going to be when I was cooking it and wanted something to lighten it, so I worked with what was in pantry and fridge. Besides the fact that we usually go out for breakfast on weekends and our eating out budget pretty much got blown out of the water for a few weeks after last night's dinner, but I still wanted to have a nice brunch.

Thinking out of the box is always a great thing. That's what I like so much about this place. Your details are appreciated.

Med, I had to look up Chaurice Sausage, NICE!!!

Kgirl, yesterday I had some leftover fried rice from our Egg Foo Yung meal. I scrambled some eggs into the rice and it was a just right breakfast.

Kayelle, I just LOVE Fried Rice! I was doing a WWW search for recipes to add leftover PorkLoin, I never thought to add it to Fried Rice!!!
NOW! You gotta try Fried Rice with SPAM!!!! :LOL:

Med, I had to look up Chaurice Sausage, NICE!!!

Kayelle, I just LOVE Fried Rice! I was doing a WWW search for recipes to add leftover PorkLoin, I never thought to add it to Fried Rice!!!
NOW! You gotta try Fried Rice with SPAM!!!! :LOL:

Heck yeah, Spam is great in fried rice. My fried rice is hardly ever the same way twice. I most often start with bacon, and go from there.:pig:

I rarely eat breakfast because, 99% of the time, I'm just not hungry in the morning. I don't normally get hungry until around 11am, at which time I just go ahead and have lunch. But today I was feeling peckish and had 2 scrambled eggs with a piece of Health Nut bread, toasted.

I often have breakfast foods for lunch and I love oatmeal with blueberries, cream of wheat or hot oat bran. I always add a tablespoon or two of flax meal to my hot cereal. Cold cereal is often eaten as a late night snack. My favorite cold cereal in the world is boring ole original Special K. Extra yummy with Fat Free Half & Half instead of milk.

I'm like you Linda, hardly ever have brekky, acid reflux thingy, but in saying that I never really did do brekky. I'm more a big meal at night.

Russ

I'm like you Linda, hardly ever have brekky, acid reflux thingy, but in saying that I never really did do brekky. I'm more a big meal at night.

Russ

My cousin is the same way. Acid reflux, especially in the morning. If she eats breakfast at all, it's usually just a yogurt because she can't tolerate much of anything else until she's been up for a while.

This morning was reduced fat Chips Ahoy cookies, and almost a quart of ice cold skim milk. :pig:

I looove milk, and all things milk. Cheeses, butter, cream, etc..

Back
Top Bottom