What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just eat cereals with cofee, I'm trying to keep my body in line. :rolleyes:

But I see I'm the strange one here with a so simple breakfast ajaj, most of yours look and sound delicious mmm.
I think most of the breakfasts you're seeing in this thread are special Sunday breakfasts, not what people eat every day.

I eat very little "breakfast food, which is why I don't post it here. It is usually some leftover, like this morning, when I ate some vindaloo curry, with some of the rice and quinoa mix on the side. Hot foods are a wonderful waker-upper!

I made myself a huge breakfast around 10AM. 3 strips of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, hash browns, a slice of toasted sourdough with apricot jam, fresh strawberries, and coffee. :yum:

I usually have a banana with hot or cold cereal.. Jeannie has a fruit smoothie..
When we tire of those things (2 or 3 times a week) we hit a diner for eggs, etc., or pancakes..

I never miss breakfast..

I reserve waffles or biscuits and gravy for a later meal, when the mood strikes us..

Ross

I eat very little "breakfast food, which is why I don't post it here. It is usually some leftover, like this morning, when I ate some vindaloo curry, with some of the rice and quinoa mix on the side. Hot foods are a wonderful waker-upper!
The question isn't "what breakfast food did you have". It's what have you had for breakfast lately." I don't have typical breakfast food, either, most days. I often have leftovers from the night before because I don't like cooking in the morning but I want a hot breakfast. In the summer, I often have tomato, some cucumber and toast with cheese.

Talk about your Sunday Breakfast / Back to Bed !!!!

Steak and Eggs !
Leftover Rib-Eye, Pepper & Egg Scramble, Smashed Baby reds under Gravy...

Steak & Eggs, Smashed Reds, Gravy.jpg

When the two boys went grocery shopping for the house, they came across Knorr's Alfredo. Just enough in one envelope for one person. Yum!!! I agree, not your standard breakfast. But then folks in the Scandinavian countries have fish for breakfast.

And for lunch? Stuff quahogs. I am really trying so hard to get some of my weight back.

Sunday Brunch

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

This Sunday's Brunch was Pillsbury 'Pop-n-Fresh' Flaky Biscuits,
filled with Scrambled Eggs, Cheese and Sauteed Ham.
Diced Cantaloupe for DH, not myself :stuart: not my cuppa tea

And yes, we do not eat this type of LARGE breakfast/brunch every day,
mostly on Sundays.

Our usual rotation for our morning meal is cold/hot cereal, fruit, juice, toast, or leftovers from the night before.
My personal favorite for breakfast/brunch is Fried Rice :yum:

Saturday Brunch

On most Saturday mornings, at an un-Godly hour,
DH meets his life-long buddy, Mister DearFriend.
I do not go-along, `cuz I think that guys need to
have Guy-Time.

So on particular Saturday morning, I woke up
LONG after DH had left,
and made myself a nice big pan of
Spam Fried Rice, MMM!

56875-albums1129-picture7817.jpg

All for me!
Well, not really... DH came home just I was plating up,
thought that one was for him, so...
the good wife that I am, I was smart enough to
make enough for FOUR!!! :LOL:

Yep, we get crumpets, and vegemite/bovril/marmite.

Long long time ago - my future British husband gave me to taste what he loved for breakfast - he did not put a name to it. A piece of bread, with what I thought was something like Nutella smeared on it.

Of course, expecting something sweet I took a big bite. I couldn't spit the salty smear out fast enough. It was so disgusting. I often wonder, had I known it was salty would I have liked it? Maybe...

I do use them for cooking often but not on toast.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Sunday Brunch !!!
The theme was GREEN
Green-ish Scrambled Eggs with Chives
Irish Bangers from TraderJoes
Galia Melon, which is the coolest green-ish flesh color
(that first plate is DH's)
And for the cook, Cara Cara Orange Supreme
with a cuppa Green Tea (and NO tomatoes for me, thanks ... but PLENTY of BUTTER!!)
An Blahsta !!!

013.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

014.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom