What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was never a breakfast person.

Before exercise, I drink a chocolate milk. (I'm in the gym 6 mornings a week.)
When I get to work, or after that if it's a weekend or day off, I eat a cheese stick, banana, and have coffee.

A little later, I have a hard boiled egg and my calcium enriched juice. Sometimes I have a muffin if my coworker brings them in (from his son's bakery, which needs the feedback from us).

I really enjoy seeing what people have for breakfast.. :)

I don't recall having what I perceive as lunch or dinner items for breakfast..

Mine have always been cereal, griddle, baked or egg/meat items..

Ross

I really enjoy seeing what people have for breakfast.. :)

I don't recall having what I perceive as lunch or dinner items for breakfast..

Mine have always been cereal, griddle, baked or egg/meat items..

Ross
My mealtime time decision process hasn't changed much since I was a kid. Stand in front of the open ice-box door 'til inspiration strikes.

Today I need to make stock out of a turkey breast bone so what to do with the last four ounces of meat picked off it? Haven't had a salad in a couple of days, but that's very few carbs and no grains. But got some leftover cornbread made with stone-ground corn, whole wheat flour, onions, and jalapeños. But I'd like something a little sweet with it, honey butter? No.
Kefir Cheese, Honey, and Cinnamon!
IMG_20200104_102531276.jpg
Breakfast Ingredients 2020-01-04 110548.jpg
598 calories, 52g protein, 25g net carbs, 30g fat

Fresh ground and brewed Eggnog coffee (new beans, not much flavor, won't be getting again). Sausage crumbles, onion and green pepper egg scramble.

This morning I am making Huevos Barbacoa with salsa, sour cream, and Ranch Style beans.

Eggs Barbacoa​
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Ranch beans
  • 4 (8-inch) corn or flour tortillas
  • 4 large eggs
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • ½ cup salsa
  • 2 Tbs butter
  • 1 cup warm Beef Barbacoa
  • ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
  • 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
  • ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 lime, quartered
  • 4 Tbs crema
Instructions:
Simmer the Ranch beans in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.

Melt ½ Tbs butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in pan, and cook for 30 seconds on each side or until toasted. Repeat procedure with ½ Tbs butter and each tortilla. In the same non-stick skillet, cook the eggs to your preference; sunny side up, over easy, basted, scrambled, etc. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Place a tortilla on each of 4 plates. Divide the Ranch beans evenly amongst the tortillas on each plate. Add one egg and ¼ cup of the Beef Barbacoa on top of the beans. Top each serving with salsa and queso fresco. Garnish each serving with crema, scallions and fresh cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.

We had a somewhat southern breakfast. Pancakes, fried hog jaw, orange juice and coffee. The part that made it southern was the hog jaw. Super good.

I don't believe I've ever come across the term hog jaw before. Perfectly descriptive though I guess. Have always seen the bacon like cheek meat, smoked or fresh, called jowls.

This morning we had left over Yuca pan fried with eggs scrambled over them. One of my favorite breakfast. DH forgot this morning, but I usually like chopped up green onions mixed in with the eggs. Very delicious!!!! Oh, we had 1 biscuit left over from the other morning. We shared it. How sweet. lol

I went way off my diet today and had chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. The only thing in the dish allowed on my diet was the chicken and onions. It sure was good.

I've been trying to have a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat in the morning, with a side of citrus or apples. It's not always easy to get into that when I'd rather just toast a piece of bread...., but doing pretty good so far. :LOL:

Cheryl, I make four or five servings of steel cut oats about once a week and divide it up between storage containers. That way I can have it for breakfast the day I cook it and for the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom