What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O'kay, I am probably strange but absolutely love an omelette with sauteed mushrooms and fresh spinach.
Hey are you related to me?:LOL: That is my favorite way to make an omelette just add a little parm to the top of mine,
kades

Laurie, just got home from shopping for tomorrows dinner, I was amazed at the flours, mixes and things that are now gluten free. WOW....
kades
oh breakfast for me was juice a hugh bagel toasred and buttered.:)

Kades, yes the world is really opening up for people with food intolerances. Though I am finding there are many people who are not eating gluten by choice. I am kind of in the middle here. I do not have celiac disease like Tony, but I do find that if I take a GF day or two a week I feel much better for it. Just this week I helped two friends who have been diagnosed - one of the things I found so fulfilling about being a "special diets" cook - now I can do it just to help others out!

Well, you are absolutely NOT strange because I am the third person to agree this makes an awesome omelet! :)

That's right, it's the rest of the world that is strange!

I like very thin omelets, not crepes but that thin, with butter and orange marmalade, rolled up and sprinkled with powdered sugar. And I've fallen in love with the Japanese Sweet Omelette.

i make oatmeal really often, w/ a drizzle of cream swirled in & plenty of whole milk splashed on.
otherwise, a pear or an apple.

Fiber one cereal & skim milk with coffee. Oh & 2 devils food fat free cookies from snackwells.

good job simonbaker! i had one egg cooked in pam spray. one piece of rye toast with just a tiny smidgen of butter. just finished a strawberry soyjoy bar, found in cupboard clean out yesterday.

good job simonbaker! i had one egg cooked in pam spray. one piece of rye toast with just a tiny smidgen of butter. just finished a strawberry soyjoy bar, found in cupboard clean out yesterday.

Good for you, Babe! I'm especially proud you waited until today to eat all of the soyjoy bar. Keep it up, I'm rooting for you!:clap::punk::clap:

I had what I call my 'virgin mimosa' - it is a small glass of orange juice put in a big glass and filled with plain club soda. It gives me a large drink with all the sweetness and calories of straight OJ.

I also had a banana and half a bran muffin.

I sauteed some chopped small onions in butter till they got nice and soft and then threw in scrambled eggs and moved it around in the pan til just set. Turned off the heat and kept moving the eggs till I got to the table and plated. They were perfectly cooked nice and soft. That was breakfast yesterday. And in a couple hours I will do the same but I will add a sliced mushroom and a small handful of baby spinach to keep the onions company till the eggs join the party!! LOL Along with a pot of fresh grind and brewed flavored bean blend coffee.

I sauteed some chopped small onions in butter till they got nice and soft and then threw in scrambled eggs and moved it around in the pan til just set. Turned off the heat and kept moving the eggs till I got to the table and plated. They were perfectly cooked nice and soft. That was breakfast yesterday. And in a couple hours I will do the same but I will add a sliced mushroom and a small handful of baby spinach to keep the onions company till the eggs join the party!! LOL Along with a pot of fresh grind and brewed flavored bean blend coffee.

Okay, now I want eggs.

Heck I may just make a really early breakfast then go to sleep. I am having sleep issues tonight.

Breakfast – 2 Egg Omelet (Chopped fresh - onion, mushroom, baby spinach ground sea salt & ground peppercorns sautéed in butter till nicely carmelized the 2 scrambled eggs added), sliced vine tomato, red seedless grapes and a cuppa Joe. (After I took the picture I divided the food in ½ to share with hubby)

img_995712_0_4b948cd1206a4f1b23d0df2e5a7be7d5.jpg

I usually cook something with eggs, or my version of an egg McMuffin on Oroweat sandwich thins, or I make pancakes or waffles, and I always have breakfast sausages and a pound or two of bacon in the freezer, pre-cooked and just waiting to be microwaved, but I have a three pound container of local strawberries in the crisper that I got on sale, and I want to eat them up before things start growing on them, so I have reverted to grape-nus flakes with strawberries and toast for the forseeable future.

2 eggs,with chopped chives from the garden,scramled with salt and pepper pear slices with ginger sauce without the Triple sec wheat toast and 2 slices of thick cut peppered bacon nice and crisp.
kadesma;)

Back
Top Bottom