What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drove thru subway. I ate a 3" sweet onion chicken tereyaki, no cheese, toasted, topped w spinach, onion, tomato & pickle. Along with 1/2 bag cheddar sun chips & a bottle of water.

Yesterday we had grilled sandwiches with imported Italian mortadella and provolone on homemade peasant bread. I'm not real big into processed meats, but for some reason I love mortadella. It reminds me a little of the Oscar Mayer bologna mom used to feed us as kids, but with much better flavor.

Our daughter, who has a summer job working in a grocery store deli, has come to hate when people ask for it. I didn't realize this, but every time they run mortadella through the meat slicer they have to sanitize the entire machine, due to the pistachios in the meat. Food allergies, you know.

Well, that would explain why it is so difficult to find Mortadella with pistachios these past years. Much to my dismay. Only one sub shop in my area has it. I am not fond of the one with peppercorns in it. :angel:

London broil was 2 for 1 so I grilled this for lunch.
39817-albums933-picture5616.jpg

Looks much better than what I had, great looking beef!

I had a small croissant from sam's club with a little lean ham & fresh pineapple on it, 7 doritoes & 1/2 cup of chicken tortilla soup.

Chef Boyardee Spicy Ravioli. I know, I know, but I like it! (I do prefer the regular, though this wasn't bad).

I totally carbed out today..3 cups of diced watermelon, 1 cup of grapes & a fresh chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.

Chef Boyardee Spicy Ravioli. I know, I know, but I like it! (I do prefer the regular, though this wasn't bad).

There must be something to canned goods. Enough of them are sold everyday. And the Chef is still cooking his Raviolis. To each their own. Sometimes I get a hankering for American Chop Suey. But I would have to chop the onion, brown the meat, cook the elbows, break up the can of tomatoes, geesh. All I want is just one plate. So I get a can of Franco American and add the sautéed onion and brown hamburger. Mix it all together. Then eat! Enough for two plates and no leftovers that will feed an army. And I don't have to take up space in the freezer. It may be a year or so before I get another hankering for it.

I also buy small cans of sliced beets and French cut beans. Drained well and combined, a great snack with HV dressing. I seem to be on a veggie kick lately. My favorite is a big bowl of steamed broccoli flowerettes with butter. :angel:

Considering I am up all night, sleep during the day and don't eat breakfast, I guess my lunch would have to be the tomato sandwich I had with the HV sandwich spread and butter at 9:30 tonight. The tomato tasted so good, I sliced up a second one, spread some more spread on the slices and ate it. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom