What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not only that, their water drains in a counter direction to the way ours does. :angel:
If you go on a safari trip to Kenya and you cross the equator they demonstrate the water thing on each side of the "line" with a funnel and a jug of water. I had heard about the phenomenon but wondered if it was a myth and I was pleased to find that it wasn't.

1 slice of homemade honey wheat bread, w the crust cut off, 1/2 sl swiss cheese & 1 slice of ham w 1/2 1 oz bag bag of lays classic chips. Quick lunch before heading in the gym.

Is this the right thread? I can't believe no one has posted in it since last year :huh: It had the most replies though, so here's my lunch.
Shrimp fried rice. No surprise there with all the paella rice I had left over :LOL:

Attachments

• shrimp fried rice.jpg
    shrimp fried rice.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 164
I bought some chicken and mozzarella-filled ravioli at BJ's the other day. We had that with Alfredo sauce and fresh chopped parsley and Roma tomatoes mixed in.

We're heading to Costco, so lunch will be samples.

Our friends ( a very old couple) go there on Friday to EAT. Not to buy anything. Just to get a free lunch. They get a shopping cart, get a drink (1 as they can refill it all they want) at the concession and head to the food isles.
I am surprised they don't bring their own plates with knife and fork. Maybe even a folding table and linen tablecloth.....:ROFLMAO:
Funny part is, they are loaded with money. Guess thats why they are loaded with money. :LOL:

In all seriousness, I learned to not eat lunch before going to Costco on Friday's and Saturday's unless you want to over eat.
They put out some great food for tasting.
I try to go during the week as its not as crowded. But I do enjoy the sampling.

That couple should go to wedding receptions (the more informal kind), dress in their best and wander in, grab a plate and chow down!

There is a hall down the road from us which they rent out sometimes for wedding receptions. For 33 years we have always wanted to get dressed up and head down there for dinner. I think if you wait long enough until everyone has had a few drinks, no one would know. The bride's family would think you knew the groom, and vice versa. My husband said, "Just walk in carrying a gift-wrapped box" but I said "Just take an empty envelope and put it in the envelope holder." Or, to be nice, put a few bucks in it. After all, you're getting free dinner.

I changed my mind, it was Chicken Osaka with Asian Slaw and Rice. Ate while waiting for the laundry to get done.

Our friends ( a very old couple) go there on Friday to EAT. Not to buy anything. Just to get a free lunch. They get a shopping cart, get a drink (1 as they can refill it all they want) at the concession and head to the food isles.
I am surprised they don't bring their own plates with knife and fork. Maybe even a folding table and linen tablecloth.....:ROFLMAO:
Funny part is, they are loaded with money. Guess thats why they are loaded with money. :LOL:

In all seriousness, I learned to not eat lunch before going to Costco on Friday's and Saturday's unless you want to over eat.
They put out some great food for tasting.
I try to go during the week as its not as crowded. But I do enjoy the sampling.

:LOL: I'm full from Costco sampling, DH had to order a turkey club on the way out. Have to remember to buy the refillable drink next time! BTW, RB, Ling Ling potstickers are $2.50 off right now.

Do they only have samples on the weekends?

Last edited:
There is a hall down the road from us which they rent out sometimes for wedding receptions. For 33 years we have always wanted to get dressed up and head down there for dinner. I think if you wait long enough until everyone has had a few drinks, no one would know. The bride's family would think you knew the groom, and vice versa. My husband said, "Just walk in carrying a gift-wrapped box" but I said "Just take an empty envelope and put it in the envelope holder." Or, to be nice, put a few bucks in it. After all, you're getting free dinner.

That's pretty funny. Give them a few bucks to be nice while you're stealing their food! :ROFLMAO:

Went out to lunch today - I had the hugest burrito I've ever seen, smothered in green chile sauce :yum:. It was very good. Couldn't finish it all. I'll probably have the rest for breakfast tomorrow. ;)

Like minds! :LOL: I always swore that if I became down and out that's what I'd do. Well, I'm down but not out---- yet! Besides, who would question an old lady with a cane? Someone would probably fill my plate up for me and bring it to me! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom