What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a tomato that needed to be used up fast. I also had some chopped chicken in the freezer and pulled that out last night. So today the two met up and with some added other ingredients, I had a chicken salad sandwich to eat with enough left over for another sandwich. I did do something that I very seldom do. I took the shaker of red pepper flakes and gave it a shake or two. It was just enough to make the whole mixture very interesting. :angel:

Nasi campur from my favorite warung around the corner. Rice with: rendang(long cooked beef), water spinach, fried egg, sweet/hot tofu and shredded coconut with beans. :yum:

Nasi campur from my favorite warung around the corner. Rice with: rendang(long cooked beef), water spinach, fried egg, sweet/hot tofu and shredded coconut with beans. :yum:

I'm so jealous that you live where you can get such delicious food 'just around the corner'! Sounds absolutely great.

What do you doctor yours up with Dawg? I often add some sauted mushrooms and if I have some (which is rare), some cream. I would much rather make it from scratch, but sometimes I just need it NOW! :LOL:

I know what you mean! This time it was a can of sliced mushrooms with their liquid, lots of fresh ground black pepper, half and half and skim milk, and some Dry Sack sherry, all added to Campbell's Cream of Mushroom, served with plenty of saltines. Sometimes I'll add a bit of chicken boullion and onion flakes. Can't help myself, I like my cream of somethings!

Last edited:
:yum: Sounds like a great special at work for lunch tomorrow...Thanks!

Homemade honey wheat bread 2 bacon, tomato & mayo. for me today.

I like it because I can get 4 good size salads for the week out of one bag of spinach and chopped walnuts, one box of grape tomatoes and 1/2 pound of ham, 1/4 pound of cheddar, one little bag of sprouts. The dressing lasts several weeks.

I made some taco filling from the awful steak we had the other night and a new recipe for taco seasoning and had that for lunch today in a couple of corn tortillas, cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

I know what you mean! This time it was a can of sliced mushrooms with their liquid, lots of fresh ground black pepper, half and half and skim milk, and some Dry Sack sherry, all added to Campbell's Cream of Mushroom, served with plenty of saltines. Sometimes I'll add a bit of chicken boullion and onion flakes. Can't help myself, I like my cream of somethings!
When I used to eat canned soup, I liked to add Worcestershire sauce to it as well as the fresh mushrooms, 1/2 and 1/2. Now I make cream of mushroom soup from scratch and still like to add some Worcestershire.

The only canned soup I buy nowadays is Campbell's Chicken Noodle. I love the noodles and will eat them right out of the can and toss the too salty liquid. :angel:

The only canned soup I buy nowadays is Campbell's Chicken Noodle. I love the noodles and will eat them right out of the can and toss the too salty liquid. :angel:

Just so happens it was the small Campbell's CN that showed up at a little store here. I do like the noodles. I thought I remembered there being more than 2 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of carrots in a can.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom