What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle, I forgot to eat lunch! I went to do some grocery shopping and when I got back I wasn't hungry so just moved on. I'd better get a snack.

I had to test the Halloween candy to make sure it was fresh. Mini Milky Way Dark, Snickers, and Twix. They passed the initial quality inspection, but in the interest of science, I may have to repeat the test tomorrow. Oh, and a small piece of chicken.

Last edited:
We have a couple of larger Five Guys near us. "Near" meaning within 25 miles. :glare: When you walk in, the aisle heading to the order counter is lined with stacked bags of potatoes - I think they're 50# bags. The chalkboard on the wall tells you which farm(s) the potatoes are from. They also have a big stack of boxes filled with peanuts, with the top one opened so you can help yourself...over and over and.... Evil.

PF, next time you're near a Five Guys, buy extra fries. We've reheated them hours after buying, and they come out like just-made. Maybe you could freeze them for another day, then defrost and reheat? We find preheating the oven to 450 and putting the fries into the hot oven for about 5-7 minutes works great!

Good idea, thanks!

I hadn't seen this thread for a while, so I thought I would dredge it back up.

Today's lunch was cauliflower "totchos." Quick, easy, and super tasty!

ZlWqmLo.jpg

I just buy the frozen Green Giant cauliflower tots and bake them on a sheet pan according to the package directions. The last 5 minutes, I sprinkle cheese over the top, and return them to the oven. From there you can add any of your usual toppings.

Thank You, I will look for GG Cauliflower Tots, didn't know they existed. If they are good I'll send Andy some...:innocent:

I didn't know about Green Giant Cauli-tots either! Going to the market tomorrow and will look for them. :yum:

We've been on a homemade pizza kick lately each pizza varies a bit. We took a break yesterday for homemade pasta. Sauteed garlic, onion, peppers and spinach with turkey in a jarred pasta sauce mixed with noodles and it was good.

*bump*

I was at our local Sprouts Farmers Market and I have been telling myself that the next time that nice man who makes the sushi was there, I'd ask if he could make me a coupla rolls...

...oops ...

I requested California Roll sans the Avo for DH
and Inari Sushi for myself

001.jpg

I found in the cold case already made up, a combo platter of Ahi (Tuna) & Salmon Nigri for us to also share.

I brought home my bounty and served it up with some slice Kamaboko (steamed Fish Cake) and dish of Wasbi and Shoyu ( not how you're really suppose to eat sushi, but it's my house, right? )

OISHI , YUM!!! :yum:

...oops ...

I requested California Roll sans the Avo for DH
and Inari Sushi for myself

View attachment 30803

I found in the cold case already made up, a combo platter of Ahi (Tuna) & Salmon Nigri for us to also share.

I brought home my bounty and served it up with some slice Kamaboko (steamed Fish Cake) and dish of Wasbi and Shoyu ( not how you're really suppose to eat sushi, but it's my house, right? )

OISHI , YUM!!! :yum:

I gotta tell you folks though,
here on the mainland, both DH and I have found that the rice is made sukoshidake, just a little bit, wet, for our taste anyways.
We figure that's it's made to the palate of a different locale ... ??
:shrug:

*bump, again*

A "Deluxe Tossed Salad": Romaine, Radishes, Cucumber, Sweet White Onion, Tomatoes
Topped with Imitation Crab Cocktail

I have been looking for Imitation Crab for years here 'in the middle of the desert' and FINALLY found a brand that DOES NOT contain any Crab Extract in it.
We're allergic dontcha know :glare:

And by the way, doesn't anyone eat lunch any more? :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 68
*bump, again*

A "Deluxe Tossed Salad": Romaine, Radishes, Cucumber, Sweet White Onion, Tomatoes
Topped with Imitation Crab Cocktail

I have been looking for Imitation Crab for years here 'in the middle of the desert' and FINALLY found a brand that DOES NOT contain any Crab Extract in it.
We're allergic dontcha know :glare:

And by the way, doesn't anyone eat lunch any more? :)

Just a question... Why would you want "Imitation Crab"?

I use a fair amount of crab, less now than on the west coast but, I find many pretty good brands of canned crab, at reasonable prices, even here in the mid-west..

Ross

Just a question... Why would you want "Imitation Crab"?

I use a fair amount of crab, less now than on the west coast but, I find many pretty good brands of canned crab, at reasonable prices, even here in the mid-west..

Ross

For myself, I love Crab, eat it when I can get it... but DH is HIGHLY allergic.
Imitation Crab is used alot in Hawaii, mostly because it's so much cheaper and we just kinda got hook on it.
Its funny, DH can eat Mussels, Oysters and most Fish.
Myself, I can eat Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Clams and some Fish.
We're sorta opposite that way, what I can eat he can't and visa-versa :wacko:
I can get in the cold case both here and at our old house in Southern AZ Phillips Lump Crab Meat :yum:

phillips lump crab meat.jpg
[photo courtesy of Costco]

I can get a pound at Costco here and then the specialty store as well in SoAZ, also a large portion of Phillips brand products in SoAZ... I hoard the good stuff in the deep freeze. ;) Whenever we go to our Doctors in SoAZ, I stock up. We use to go twice a year now its only once.

For myself, I love Crab, eat it when I can get it... but DH is HIGHLY allergic.
Imitation Crab is used alot in Hawaii, mostly because it's so much cheaper and we just kinda got hook on it.
Its funny, DH can eat Mussels, Oysters and most Fish.
Myself, I can eat Shrimp, Crab, Lobster, Clams and some Fish.
We're sorta opposite that way, what I can eat he can't and visa-versa :wacko:
I can get in the cold case both here and at our old house in Southern AZ Phillips Lump Crab Meat :yum:

View attachment 33388
[photo courtesy of Costco]

I can get a pound at Costco here and then the specialty store as well in SoAZ, also a large portion of Phillips brand products in SoAZ... I hoard the good stuff in the deep freeze. ;) Whenever we go to our Doctors in SoAZ, I stock up. We use to go twice a year now its only once.
OK. Being allergic makes sense. Just a personal thing but, I don't care for imitation crab. Jeannie rolled her eyes when I paid $24 for a pound of lump crab for our Thanksgiving crab dip LOL.

Back
Top Bottom