"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #1201
Chef Extraordinaire

Today for lunch I had fish cakes and salad

Old 02-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #1202
Chef Extraordinaire

Today. I had a cup of homemade vegetable beef soup with 2 small cracker squares & a cup & a half of yummy fresh watermelon.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #1203
Chef Extraordinaire

Fish cakes and salad again...love fish cakes
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #1204
Chef Extraordinaire

I made a pinto bean-roasted red pepper-sundried tomato-green olive-pecan hummus this morning for when my friend comes by for chowder this evening. For my lunch, I've got raw broccoli, carrot, rutabaga, and red pepper to dip in the 1/2 c of hummus I've set aside. Yum. But I can eat hummus off a spoon, don't need any dippers!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #1205
Master Chef

I had some more of my homemade haricot bean hummus and multigrain provitas and an apple.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #1206
Executive Chef

i have had this THING for cantaloupe lately, OMG!--had my third one today in about the space of one week. each melon has been more perfect than the last--deep dark orange, lush, spilling sweet juices in my mouth. actually causing me to choke on the bursting juice sprays. every one has been a dole fruit. have i happened on the peak of the season? i hope... this is turning into a fruit binge for me--today's cantaloupe went with 1/4 pint of plump, sweet chilean blueberries....this may be my body's way of catching up on the fresh fruit that tends to get missed for stretches of days and weeks, at other times....:)
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #1207
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i have had this THING for cantaloupe lately, OMG!--had my third one today in about the space of one week. each melon has been more perfect than the last--deep dark orange, lush, spilling sweet juices in my mouth. actually causing me to choke on the bursting juice sprays. every one has been a dole fruit. have i happened on the peak of the season? i hope... this is turning into a fruit binge for me--today's cantaloupe went with 1/4 pint of plump, sweet chilean blueberries....this may be my body's way of catching up on the fresh fruit that tends to get missed for stretches of days and weeks, at other times....:)
We had the best cantaloupes this year too Sweet and dripping with juice. Darn they were good!
I found them for R10 for 3! That just over $1. I thought they would be horrible for that price but they were the best I've had in years. I ate dozens

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #1208
Chef Extraordinaire

Today I very thinly sliced off the ends of a freshly baked loaf of honey wheat bread. I spread yellow mustard on each side & topped it with a slice of swiss cheese. 1 oz of lean deli ham & some fresh pineapple. Ate it in the car on the way to get a haircut. I also had half of a small bag of baked cheetoes & a 20 oz water.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #1209
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We had Dawg's Mexican-style Black Bean Soup with low fat shredded cheddar and crushed Tostitos.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #1210
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Today I very thinly sliced off the ends of a freshly baked loaf of honey wheat bread. I spread yellow mustard on each side & topped it with a slice of swiss cheese. 1 oz of lean deli ham & some fresh pineapple. Ate it in the car on the way to get a haircut. I also had half of a small bag of baked cheetoes & a 20 oz water.
A snack food I used to take to work was I would make airpopped popcorn and put that in ziplock bags. I like it with S&P or curry powder or chilpolte chili powder, but curry powder and chilpolte stain the fingers. I also would use a couple of shakes of "canned" Parmesan cheese, but you could take a mixture of ziplock bags of popcorn and raw veggies for car snacks. My brother went to university where Cheetos are made. The smell in the air was disgusting. It put me off Cheetos for life.

Tags
lunch