What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yummy Ginny!

Lately I've been having slices or chunks of cucumber, sliced grape tomatoes, diced Brie (goat and cow types), basil chiffonade, parsley and anything else I find floating around. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a variety of Oilive Oils.

I found an Olive Oil Dispensery! Have been trying the various oils. Find I like the slightly more peppery ones.

So I now see what people like about Olive Oil. I have always found them to be just stale tasting. Never liked it. And believe me I've tried every kind out there, trying to find what people liked about it - but they all taste the same = stale, musty, yech.

Still can't make up my mind which I like best, very mild, medium, medium peppery. Arbequina, Coratina, Koroneiki Olives.

Having fun but.... expensive!!!

Yummy Ginny!

Lately I've been having slices or chunks of cucumber, sliced grape tomatoes, diced Brie (goat and cow types), basil chiffonade, parsley and anything else I find floating around. Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a variety of Oilive Oils.

I found an Olive Oil Dispensery! Have been trying the various oils. Find I like the slightly more peppery ones.

So I now see what people like about Olive Oil. I have always found them to be just stale tasting. Never liked it. And believe me I've tried every kind out there, trying to find what people liked about it - but they all taste the same = stale, musty, yech.

Still can't make up my mind which I like best, very mild, medium, medium peppery. Arbequina, Coratina, Koroneiki Olives.

Having fun but.... expensive!!!
Do they have Balsamic Vinegars too? If so, try the Cara Cara and the Black Cherry!!!

They do, but I am taking Baby Steps. I will get to the Vinegars soon.
She has over 60 Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars! Gimme a break here!

She has the most amazing gift ideas.
Told her she needs a bakery and winery beside her, although I gave her some of my own wine, ;)

Hold on.... Nope, didn't see that. Her fused oils seem to be a bit more exotic, lots of peppers, Harrisa, Wild Fern - Leaf Dill, more spices rather than vegies, dill, basil, sage, rosemary, Spicy Calabrian Pesto, etc.
= wish I could send you some...
here is the web page - you have to go to
'Shop Here', then scroll down to the bottom and clic on
'Order Here', then you can see what she stocks...

Hold on.... Nope, didn't see that. Her fused oils seem to be a bit more exotic, lots of peppers, Harrisa, Wild Fern - Leaf Dill, more spices rather than vegies, dill, basil, sage, rosemary, Spicy Calabrian Pesto, etc.
= wish I could send you some...
here is the web page - you have to go to
'Shop Here', then scroll down to the bottom and clic on
'Order Here', then you can see what she stocks...
Where is the web page?
😉

Egads.... I'm in the other room and all of a sudden I think to myself... "Myself? did you actually put in the web page?" Oops.....
sorry 'bout that.... here yuh go...

Olive Oil Dispensary
Very cool. Nice selections...I can see one could spend some time & $ in that shop! Here's a link to the closest shop to us: Navidi's Olive Oils - There's one up in Sequim that I really like too, but no website.

I'm not sure what to call it. Open face sand? Salad? Or just a hot mess! I started with naan, toasted...added Spring Mix tossed with oil & vinegar, then I "personalized" them with olives (black & green), mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, pepperoncini, thin sliced, feta and probably a few things I've forgotten, then topped with with "dogs" (broiled) made from 93/7 seasoned with Bob's Seasoned Salt, Montreal Steak Seasoning and a drizzle of HM Ranch. It hit the spot and DH called it fun.
IMG_7465 (2).JPG

I'm not sure what to call it. Open face sand? Salad? Or just a hot mess! I started with naan, toasted...added Spring Mix tossed with oil & vinegar, then I "personalized" them with olives (black & green), mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, pepperoncini, thin sliced, feta and probably a few things I've forgotten, then topped with with "dogs" (broiled) made from 93/7 seasoned with Bob's Seasoned Salt, Montreal Steak Seasoning and a drizzle of HM Ranch. It hit the spot and DH called it fun.
View attachment 64944
I like open-faced sandsalad 🤣

I love peaches when they are perfectly ripe. (Actually, I love most produce when they are in season.) Today, my remaining peaches are demonstrating signs of becoming too ripe. I ate one, refrigerated one, and turned the rest into cobbler for dessert tonight.

For lunch, I made egg salad. So I had an egg salad, avocado, and tomato sandwich. Very yummy.

Back
Top Bottom