What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you ever had a perfectly ripe peach, straight off the tree? Still warm from the sun and so juicy, you have to eat it outdoors with your face leaned forward over the grass, so the juice won't drip on your clothes?

First, you need to find a peach tree!
Second, it is imperative that the peaches be just right and ready for picking. 😁 you're welcome.
Well, if you have a peach tree or two in your yard, it's easy. We did when I was growing up. We stuffed ourselves on the first peaches every year. After that we just really enjoyed them. By the time we were a few weeks into peach season, we had eaten so many, that everyone in the family got tired of them. o_O

Well, if you have a peach tree or two in your yard, it's easy. We did when I was growing up. We stuffed ourselves on the first peaches every year. After that we just really enjoyed them. By the time we were a few weeks into peach season, we had eaten so many, that everyone in the family got tired of them. o_O
I can only dream and aspire! :pig:

Brunch – Corned beef hash and poached eggs.
hash_eggs_062423_IMG_1161.jpg

The other day, I noticed a small version of the ready-made shrimp and sauce platters at the market. I grabbed one. Today, we had a shrimp cocktail with a meal salad. The salad started with greens then sliced cuke, chopped tomato, topped with shredded zuke and half of a boiled egg. There was homemade 1000 on the side. Perfect for a warm summer day in the PNW! Well, it is supposed to get warm later today...LOL.

Drove 2.5 hours, stuffed a Papa Burger with 2 cheeses (or something like that) plus a Poutine into my maw, condescended to give some scraps to the drooling pooch beside me and then drove another 2 hours with a tummy ache - serves the glutton right. Damn it was good.

I took some of last night's rot chicken and made some pretty wonderful chicken tacos for lunch! Chopped up some chicken threw it in a pot, added some bottled salsa and turned on that pot. Also had some leftover rice, so that went into another pot. Chopped up some tomatoes and green cabbage, shredded some cheese and some zuke too...pulled off some leaves from cilantro...then I heated up a few flour tortillas...presto! Chicken tacos with a side of rice. Hit the spot and almost "free"...if you know what I mean? Yum.

:LOL: Hot diggity dawg, Ginny-girl, I love short cuts but sometimes they get the better of me.

I figure that "rot" chicken is not 'rot'ten but 'rot'tisserie, think/hope I'm pretty clear on that one. Never know though, all these new fangled trends, it could just be!

But you got me on 'zuke's. Did you add zucchini's or cucumber's?

:LOL: Hot diggity dawg, Ginny-girl, I love short cuts but sometimes they get the better of me.

I figure that "rot" chicken is not 'rot'ten but 'rot'tisserie, think/hope I'm pretty clear on that one. Never know though, all these new fangled trends, it could just be!

But you got me on 'zuke's. Did you add zucchini's or cucumber's?
Rotisserie chicken and zucchini...🤷...sorry you had to ask!

Back
Top Bottom