What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had ham sandwiches today. I steamed the ham, toasted the buns, topped the ham with some Arby's sauce. Hit the spot... IMG_7499 (2).jpg

I made a Caesar's Salad (store bought kit) and surrounded it with things I grabbed from the fridge and pantry...hb egg, tuna salad, marinated artichoke hearts, tomatoes, cheese, strawberries and some pickled asparagus...DH had some olives too and I had some crackers. Perfect for a warm summer day.
IMG_7523 (2).jpg

I made a late lunch today - an omelette, to use up those 2 Numex peppers that had bad tips on them, then I also cut up the largest of the 2 Pumpkin Spice Jalapeños, figuring that would add more heat to it. However, after tasting small pieces of the veins, and getting no heat, I chewed up a half of that jalapeño, and I didn't get even a hint of heat! I only got a very slight bit of heat from all of the peppers in the omelette, and they were still good.
Starting an omelette, with some Numex peppers and one jalapeño. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I cooked the eggs most of the way, then put some Monterey jack cheese on it, and covered it, and let it melt, off heat. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished pepper cheese omelette. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I didn't know you were from Niagara Falls! I spent the first 28 (miserable) yeas of my life there. Then I moved on to bigger and better things. I went back in 2018 for two years to take care of my father. Nothing much changed except Page's had changed hands twice but still couldn't stay in business, there was some guy with a push cart selling whistle pigs in the Pine Plaza parking lot, LaSalle high school became a Walmart (People laugh when I tell them I went to high school at Walmart) and most of the 'good' stores are in LaSalle now. I hated that place in the 70s and I still hate it today!

Last edited:
I didn't know you were from Niagara Falls! I spent the first 28 (miserable) yeas of my life there. Then I moved on to bigger and better things. I went back in 2018 for two years to take care of my father. Nothing much changed except Page's had changed hands twice but still couldn't stay in business, there was some guy with a push cart selling whistle pigs in the Pine Plaza parking lot, LaSalle high school became a Walmart (People laugh when I tell them I went to high school at Walmart) and most of the 'good' stores are in LaSalle now. I hated that place in the 70s and I still hate it today!
I lived in an old high rise on Rainbow Blvd. for a few years in the 90s. I think it has since been renovated into a boutique hotel for tourists.

I was always amazed by the poverty and the sharp divide between the haves and the have nots. I suppose that is true in many tourist/resort communities.

It was an interesting place to live and I enjoyed being able to walk to the falls.

I haven’t been back but have good memories of my time there.

I lived in an old high rise on Rainbow Blvd. for a few years in the 90s. I think it has since been renovated into a boutique hotel for tourists.
You mist mean the Parkway Apartments, which is now the Parkway Condominiums. The only other buildings that could be called high rises would be the Hotel Niagara and the United Building. Niagara Falls never had much of a skyline to speak of.

Back
Top Bottom