"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #1451
Chef Extraordinaire

SB, I had a first-rib resection. The surgeon was great--he showed me a couple of choices--one involved an incision under my arm, the other through my back. I opted for the under-the-arm scar. It was trickier to do because s/one had to hold my arm up for the 6-hour surgery. Two other surgeons traded off. My surgeon was 6 ft 6 " (and also the surgeon for whom my mom worked). He needed TALL people to hold my arm up and strong people. I have also had rhinoplasty (car accident) and my appendix removed. I hate being in the hospital, but if you can get all your questions answered in advance, that is the best way to go. I wasn't prepped for the nose surgery--I woke up in recovery with my eyes bandaged--I thought I was BLIND. I went into total panic mode. I did bring my own beverages and snacks when I had my rib surgery. And, had a note on my file that I did not need to have ice water delivered at 6:00 a.m.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #1452
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
SB, I had a first-rib resection. The surgeon was great--he showed me a couple of choices--one involved an incision under my arm, the other through my back. I opted for the under-the-arm scar. It was trickier to do because s/one had to hold my arm up for the 6-hour surgery. Two other surgeons traded off. My surgeon was 6 ft 6 " (and also the surgeon for whom my mom worked). He needed TALL people to hold my arm up and strong people. I have also had rhinoplasty (car accident) and my appendix removed. I hate being in the hospital, but if you can get all your questions answered in advance, that is the best way to go. I wasn't prepped for the nose surgery--I woke up in recovery with my eyes bandaged--I thought I was BLIND. I went into total panic mode. I did bring my own beverages and snacks when I had my rib surgery. And, had a note on my file that I did not need to have ice water delivered at 6:00 a.m.
Hospitals are never run for the comfort of the patient. Only for the schedule of the staff.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #1453
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Hospitals are never run for the comfort of the patient. Only for the schedule of the staff.
My mom worked for the surgeon, so I got VIP treatment. I think I was there for 4 days. Bored out of my mind, but on good pain meds.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #1454
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
My mom worked for the surgeon, so I got VIP treatment. I think I was there for 4 days. Bored out of my mind, but on good pain meds.
I always bring my sewing with me so I have something to do. I know I am going to be there two nights at the most. Everything I will need is always in that bag. A small hairbrush, salt, tea bags, etc. Oh yeah. And my sewing.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #1455
Head Chef

Lunches have been very seafood orientated recently. Today was prawns, yesterday was seafood salad (that was delicious) more humdrum days have been not very nice fish sticks. Not sure why I bought them. Oh, and marinated anchovies, I love these, they pack so much flavour.

Other days have been peperonata. I just love this, and on quick grab a light snack type lunch days a couple of heavy fork fuls of this from a jar in the fridge have been just the pick me up I want.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #1456
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Lunches have been very seafood orientated recently. Today was prawns, yesterday was seafood salad (that was delicious) more humdrum days have been not very nice fish sticks. Not sure why I bought them. Oh, and marinated anchovies, I love these, they pack so much flavour.

Other days have been peperonata. I just love this, and on quick grab a light snack type lunch days a couple of heavy fork fuls of this from a jar in the fridge have been just the pick me up I want.
Probably because it was the same reason I use to buy them for my kids. They are not expensive.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #1457
Chef Extraordinaire

For lunch yesterday I had some fish fingers and salad
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #1458
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
For lunch yesterday I had some fish fingers and salad
fish have fingers???
Old 03-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #1459
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
fish have fingers???
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #1460
Chef Extraordinaire

Today for lunch I had a chip (chips in packet ie crisps) sandwich...gee it was tasty!

Tags
lunch